i see trump is paying scotland a visit

storms, floods, an idiot loose in the land, ominous signs of what is to come
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Song for the day:
    http://youtu.be/oGIFublvDes

Its going to be an interesting couple of days. Have a good one peeps.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Fine here this morning, I've just been and voted in the euro referendum

Appropriate song of the day Stevo :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Biblical floods. Wasn't risking the bike and trains cancelled so slowly trickling my way to work by bus. I should be there in time for lunch :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    Today is my wedding anniversary. 32 years ago I married the lovely Mrs Slog.

I've taken a couple of days holiday. Not raining here (yet?, but none forecast), out for a ride and a leisurely day amongst all the jobs I have to do around the house.

The older I get, the better I was.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Congratulations (or commiserations) Mrs Slog.

Plenty of office guff to sort out today and then off to vote at lunch I think.

For some reason the boys school have decided that it is a good thing for kids in year 8 to graduate into year 9... I think it's a load of codswollop but there you go.

Went for a quick ride last night and thought we did well to average 25.8km/h until I looked on Strava and a guy I follow has been having major back issues for the last few months, he was out at the same time and averaged 30.7km/h.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning all,
    Definitely a bit moist out there. Wimped out and took the car, stopping at the polling station on the way. Many congratulations Slog, nice that you still call her lovely after 32 years, commiserations to the lovely Mrs Slog. good drink and curry last night so feeling a little battered this morning. I thought Scotland said they didn't want Trump a while back. I've only had 2 cups of tea and 3 ginger nuts so far, but that's as much tea as I had all day yesterday. More staff in to make me tea today.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Apparently the rain in the south might make the softies stay indoors and not bother voting, in which case it maybe the Thursday of disconnect!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • capt_slog
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    ..... Many congratulations Slog, nice that you still call her lovely after 32 years, .

That's because she still is! :lol:

• veronese68
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    ..... Many congratulations Slog, nice that you still call her lovely after 32 years, .

Does she look at this forum? :shock:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Fun in Solihull today, hoping to get away at a reasonable time so the kids can come with us to vote, as it's good for them to be involved

Afterwards I've suggested the pub as it's Thursday
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, was on the turbo at 6 this morning but now I'm shooting around the borders trying to get a look in at all my sites and still have time to do a load of office work later, great weather for it though!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Effective delegation, maybe a little customer interaction later in the day. The sun has burnt through the grey sky and the temperature is beginning to pick up.

Thinking of lunch, maybe a small spag bol...

Later is a quick bike faffing session which is a prelude to the local chain gang tonight.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning Ladies and Crudders

Glorious day in Cheshire, shame I'm still not riding properly as I taper. stupid sport.

Some good news at work which will mean my life becomes easier even if the work load increases.

Just about finished my new jersey design which is a bonus.

May play tennis later as I went and sampled a new pub last night ( The Viking Bake House) Could become a regular haunt, though the beer is around an extra 80p a pint more than my other 2 haunts.

Enjoy the day and if you forget to vote I won't really care (though I will walk down to vote at around 4 when the yummy mummy crowd may be around)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Today is my wedding anniversary. 32 years ago I married the lovely Mrs Slog.

I've taken a couple of days holiday. Not raining here (yet?, but none forecast), out for a ride and a leisurely day amongst all the jobs I have to do around the house.

Congrats on the anniversary.

Not raining here either.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,

Congratulations Slog. Maybe you can send us your top tips for how you managed it, a few of us on here could probably benefit from it.

In other news, the hound is having his very own 'BREXIT' as he's in the vets for the snip today. Poor little sod.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    maybe a little customer interaction later in the day
    Just had an interesting bit of customer interaction. Stroppy bloke kept swearing at a colleague and hung up on him 3 times, then called back and continued ranting. I answered it the 4th time he rang and told him in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't tolerate that kind of behaviour. He told me I'm not his fookin dad and hung up on me. Now have had grovelling apologies as he needs something. He may have to jump through a few more hoops yet.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    maybe a little customer interaction later in the day
    Just had an interesting bit of customer interaction. Stroppy bloke kept swearing at a colleague and hung up on him 3 times, then called back and continued ranting. I answered it the 4th time he rang and told him in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't tolerate that kind of behaviour. He told me I'm not his fookin dad and hung up on me. Now have had grovelling apologies as he needs something. He may have to jump through a few more hoops yet.

My old office used to be next door to the accounts and I could hear a college in accounts on the receiving end of an irate customer whose account was on stop due to late payment.

Their call ended, I asked for the details and then put a call into the gentlemen concerned and I was happy to inform the chap that we don't deliver work for non paying clients. The guy was the sales director and I asked for his direct reporting line and reaffirmed the company position. He then asked for my reporting line and I informed the guy that the reporting line stops at me....

There's only a few things that sends me 0 to 60 in a millisecond, one trigger is clients who are abusive or who threaten my staff.

Which is a more business like reaction to an earlier test in my career. Some lowlife had used a .co.uk while we had .com. They didn't manufacture and were only 5 minutes down the road. I found out through a client and phoned the 2 man band behind the site to establish what was going on. The guy started to laugh a me and then put the phone down. I stormed off, jumped in my car to drive round to their shared service offices. I burst through the door and went er a little ballistic at this rather large lowlife sat in a chair. Thankfully he lacked any bottle otherwise I was in trouble and as a consequence of going hands on I was looking around for something to hit the guy with before I retreated. He was that big!

He called security, I was asked to leave. A few days later I had a visit from plod, a young stunning WPC and a bit older PC. I was asked by the WPC if i knew what their visit maybe about and I relaid the events with the additional narrative that they couldn't say anything worse than my wife, would I do it again? no, did i feel foolish? yes and my apologies for wasting police time. Both coppers were trying hard not to laugh but it provided a valuable lesson. Emotion has no place in business.

The end to this sorry tale was the two man band involved didn't last long, one of the guys lived with a stripper and decided to empty the company bank account and do a runner. The other guy got divorced all in the space of 3 months. Someone asked me if I celebrated their demise and I can honestly say that was the furthest thing from my mind. If someone wants to try their hand in business that should be applauded and failure therefor shouldn't be celebrated as its only a measure at a point in time. It's a pity that their value set was lacking though.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • capt_slog
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,

Congratulations Slog. Maybe you can send us your top tips for how you managed it, a few of us on here could probably benefit from it.

I've been lucky, and then built on that. i sort of had a head start because i married my best mate. After 32 years she's still my best mate.

Perhaps you sometimes fall out with your best mate, and I do with mine :lol: It's not always easy and there have been times when murder could have been committed on both sides, but it always works out in the end.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    ...made glorious Suntour by this son of Wiggle.

This graduation thing is getting silly. Toots 1 is 'graduating' from nursery next week :roll:

Flan - are you doing the Half Ironman this weekend?

Well done Slog- that's a long haul.

Me honing out a fireplace me. 'Kin 'ell. Fooked me. I should be happier because I have made some good progress but Toots 1 is intent on just bawling non stop - she's a little off colour and touchy touchy.

@Sungod - Post a bleedin pic on the Caption comp please.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Apparently the rain in the south might make the softies stay indoors and not bother voting, in which case it maybe the Thursday of disconnect!

Fear not, they have the technology, and minions :lol:

_90070275_mediaitem90070274.jpg

Guy in the office said his polling stations been flooded out no idea what they are doing as a backup.
  • pinno
    ^ She hardly needs rescuing, she looks like A) She'll float no bother and B) Needs a long swim.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    unremarkable day here.

worked from home, quick cycle earlier, voted and now ..... errrr.... nothing much!

if anyone wants a cube frameset head over to the classifieds
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    Pinno wrote:

dunnit, hectic day, not helped by a certain networking vendor's 'improved' reporting system that now blocks copy/paste from the browser and forces you to request and download data as an excel file instead, given that i needed to get data from umpteen stages in three different places this entailed considerable downloading and swearing

plus i got rained on coming home as well
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

dunnit, hectic day, not helped by a certain networking vendor's 'improved' reporting system that now blocks copy/paste from the browser and forces you to request and download data as an excel file instead, given that i needed to get data from umpteen stages in three different places this entailed considerable downloading and swearing

plus i got rained on coming home as well
    Bollox.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Still Thursday over there, just?

Picked up new (used) forks for one of the hack bikes to make it a bit more trail friendly. Did some test driving of digital piano. Played tennis. Dinner out with friends. All round good day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Thank you Mike Brew:. Highlighted a Planet X sale for me - only because he was being a tw@....
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Thank you Mike Brew:. Highlighted a Planet X sale for me - only because he was being a tw@....

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13066341&p=19901605#p19900841