What flag on my bike?

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited June 2016 in The cake stop
So, having got my accreditation at Manchester velodrome I am contemplating getting a new bike. And, boringly, it is most likely to be a white Planet X which are as common at the velodrome as muck. So, to distinguish the bike from the millions of others leaning against the railings I probably need to get a pair of those little name stickers which often have flags on them. The question is, if we vote leave, should I still go for a Union Flag despite that it will for me have become a symbol of short termism, inward thinking and racist bigotry or do I go for the EU flag despite that it is aesthetically a bit crap but ultimately does stand for something worth while?
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    County Flag?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Swastika should be pretty unique.
    Evan Leave voters will be unlikely to have one of those :roll:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Gay pride rainbow flag?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    How about the Kenyan flag? Seems to work for the odd "British" chap.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Skull and crossbones?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    New Zealand.
    No one, anywhere, will ever be offended. And you still get to have a Union Jack.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    PBlakeney wrote:
    New Zealand.
    No one, anywhere, will ever be offended. And you still get to have a Union Jack.

^^Yep ^^
  • rolf_f
    Some great ideas folks. Not sure about New Zealand though. Aside from never actually having been there (which should probably matter), they only just had a referendum to keep the Union jack on their flag - I would expect if we Brexit that there'll be another one and this time the Union Jack will be gone for good.

I was thinking about the Norwegian flag on the basis that that is the country I have spent most time in aside from the UK but I worry that that might be seen as some kind of endorsement for the deranged idea of us going for the Norwegian model of EU relationship.

Otherwise I'm thinking a combination of Carbonator and Secret Sams ideas.....
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    How about a white flag? That should stand out nicely on your choice of steed :P
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The perfect flag for a Europhile Rolf.

EUSSR-Flag-Photo-by-Finn-Skovgaard.gif
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • rolf_f
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The perfect flag for a Europhile Rolf.

EUSSR-Flag-Photo-by-Finn-Skovgaard.gif

YaayyY! Well done! We could have a winner here. It does of course lack a bit of red but I can live with that! It has the additional benefit in that it would confuse and annoy Mad Vlad in Moscow.