edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
the days are shortening, soon it'll be winter

off to the office, but will need to fortify myself with espressos

may doughnuts and coffee embiggen your day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    working from home today, so wine was enjoyed last night whilst the football wasn't

Kids sports day today, so I will try and nip along if work allows, later is moving the lawns around the various mole hills because the mole man failed
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Yesterday I had to drive and it was wet, today I could cycle and the sun is shining. I'm very suspicious of this, maybe it's a trap and a piano will fall out of the sky. Not much going on today as far as I know. At least I'm hoping that is the case, reality may prove to be very different. Just waiting for my second cup of tea now.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    not sure what day it is, so i'll eat chocolate and drink coffee.

Cheers pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Several years ago to this very day a small person appeared, today we shall celebrate that day with a decent meal out at some restaurant nearby.

Before we get to that though I have a few surveys to do and pick up a box of goodies.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Good day, bludging. Picked up some new rims I don't need but they were very cheap, so it would have been rude not to really. Did lunch. Fiddled in garage with bike stuff. Nice fine day for a change too, but definitely winter. Honestly, it only got to 17 deg C!!

With apologies to BBG, had some surprisingly good "gourmet crisps", which were a nice match with the whisky.

Dinner will be a proper green curry.

^^ Happy birthday to Mini HD (Bart Double??)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Not a great start to the day. I get in early to work so that can miss the traffic and enjoy my breakfast in a bit of peace. This morning however, I find my cupboard here is devoid of porridge.

I'm just getting over the shock of this and realising that I can always go to the cafe and pick up a bacon butty when I find that I have no wallet. I manage to find a fiver,and head off to said cafe to find that they don't start to serve until 8:30 :evil:

Things might improve. :lol:

BTW the nights don't draw in just yet, it's the sunrise that gets later for a week or so to give the shorter day.

The older I get, the better I was.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978

^^ Happy birthday to Mini HD (Bart Double??)

Nope, it's mine today and Barts on Thursday. An expensive week really with 2 birthdays and fathers day!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Happy Birthday that man. ^

The older I get, the better I was.

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Happy Birthday,

I'm busy working from home as the internet is down in the office, I'm going to drive out and look at some trees this afternoon though
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Of FFS not the 2 thread c0ck up again...you won this one SG. Some people are just too lazy to get up at the crack of dawn and post a thread :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Happy birthday HD. Need to go in search of food soon, I'm in danger of wasting away.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I can't be arsed to go to look at trees this afternoon so I'm staying here to drink yet more coffee
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Happy birthday HD,

work stuff completed, chain gang ridden, two tubes with holes in, replaced on the ride. Roller to do.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    I can't be arsed to go to look at trees this afternoon so I'm staying here to drink yet more coffee
    I saw some trees so you needn't worry. They had large wooden bases with a rough finish, badly made covering over the top. They thinned and spread out as they got higher and finished in little stick like protrusions with green things attached, lets calll them leaves. The trees provided shade from this strange light that was in the sky, not sure what that was.