Assos Bib Owners

ajkerr73
ajkerr73 Posts: 318
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Do you wash your bibs in the wee bag that came with them?

Comments

• mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    no, just inside out in main wash, no velcro !!!
    Colnago Addict!
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    Always wash any shorts in a bag, and jerseys with a zip as well. Reduces abrasion .
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    every wash or risk lycra stretching
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    No, my equipe s7's didn't come with one.
  • DanTe1977
    DanTe1977 Posts: 46
    Nope. Got one pair of S5 mille's that are 4 years old and may be closing in on 20,000 miles, still totally fine. Deg for no Velcro in there though..
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Yes. Although the S7 ones don't come with one. All that loose pad (Golden Gate) looks easy to rip off.
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Ajkerr73 wrote:
    Do you wash your bibs in the wee bag that came with them?

I put mine in the wash basket, and they appear in a bedroom drawer a day or so later.

They just get slung in with all the rest of the washing, no special washing powders or liquids or bags, and after 3 years are perfectly fine. Probably wear them twice a week so they get washed twice a week.

I think they're S5 Mille, just a pair of cycling shorts, not Tim Peake's spacesuit.
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    ^^^This, I make sure I don't use Fabric Softener because that might affect garments like the Gabba. Other than that just wash normally.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Fabric Conditioner shouldn't be used on any sports kit as it can impair the breathability.
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    Never used the bag and been using Assos bib shorts for years and never had any problems
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    I don't use a bag with the S7 Equipes, as others have said they don't come with one. But I gave up using the bag with the S5s too as more often than not they would just come out in the wash anyway.

Inside out, on short sports program at 30 degrees, with Halo liquid (just 2/3 of a capful is enough, with soft water at least).
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I just stick them in the wash at 30 degrees with no fabric conditioner. I suspect the missus chucks them in with everything at god knows what temperature and possibly even puts them in the tumble drier. However she has bought most of them. I have 5 pairs from 6 months old to over 10 years.
  • Paul0975
    Paul0975 Posts: 14
    Yup, always in the wee baggie!