Pegoretti EU Dealers / Distributor

meesterbond
meesterbond Posts: 1,240
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone know whether there's a distributor / dealer list about for Pegoretti?
I'm after a stock geometry 53cm Marcelo and before sticking my name on the waiting list I was going to ring / email around and see whether anyone had one in stock.

I've tried emailing them directly and I've tried to get in touch with Mosquito (although they seem to have been acquired by Velorution (?) recently so no idea what guise they'll continue in) but as yet, no luck. All the google searches pick up a load of US dealers but the taxes etc make that a non-starter.

Comments

• matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Anyone know whether there's a distributor / dealer list about for Pegoretti?
    I'm after a stock geometry 53cm Marcelo and before sticking my name on the waiting list I was going to ring / email around and see whether anyone had one in stock.

I've tried emailing them directly and I've tried to get in touch with Mosquito (although they seem to have been acquired by Velorution (?) recently so no idea what guise they'll continue in) but as yet, no luck. All the google searches pick up a load of US dealers but the taxes etc make that a non-starter.

I think Mosquito were the only UK based one, but as said they are in the process of takeover.

You should be able to deal direct, guy in my club did and flew over for his fit and spec.

My LBS have also ordered 3 directly with Pegoretti, although they aren't a dealer and know Dario quite well so maybe they were an exception?

Dream bike is a Pegoretti, 40th present to myself in a few years...
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • matt_n-2
    Where are you based?

I've just spoken to my buddy and they would be happy to order directly with Dario for you, they're in Bristol.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • meesterbond
    Matt_N wrote:
    Where are you based?

I've just spoken to my buddy and they would be happy to order directly with Dario for you, they're in Bristol.

I'm in Essex but happy to deal remotely. Comparing the stock 53cm Peg geometry to the bike I've recently been fitted for (and which seems to fit perfectly) I can get to within 5mm reach and 2mm stack without trying too hard so I'm happy I don't need a custom build.

Thanks for the response - any sort of personal recommendation is much appreciated!
  • matt_n-2
    Matt_N wrote:
    Where are you based?

I'm in Essex but happy to deal remotely. Comparing the stock 53cm Peg geometry to the bike I've recently been fitted for (and which seems to fit perfectly) I can get to within 5mm reach and 2mm stack without trying too hard so I'm happy I don't need a custom build.

Thanks for the response - any sort of personal recommendation is much appreciated!

Speak to Chris at Terry's Cycles http://www.bristolcycles.com/

The shop owner Nigel has a Duende and a Respo, another guy there Steve has a Respo too, they like their Pegoretti!

There are some photos of the Pegoretti builds they have done in the gallery.

The blue and yellow Marcelo was the first to have the 'Conic' scheme, created by Dario for the owner, it's now an official scheme and available to order.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • meesterbond
    Matt_N wrote:

Speak to Chris at Terry's Cycles http://www.bristolcycles.com/

The shop owner Nigel has a Duende and a Respo, another guy there Steve has a Respo too, they like their Pegoretti!

There are some photos of the Pegoretti builds they have done in the gallery.

The blue and yellow Marcelo was the first to have the 'Conic' scheme, created by Dario for the owner, it's now an official scheme and available to order.

Cheers - if I go down the ordering route then I'll definitely give them a call. Still hoping to find somewhere with one in stock to avoid the wait (and eliminate the colour choice, which seems to be the hardest decision of them all).
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I ordered mine direct from Dario. Mosquito were hopeless. You will have to send measurements and pictures, of you on your current bike on a turbo, to his specs. Not sue what a bike shop will add.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • meesterbond
    I think you might be right... After sending them an email asking about distributors I got an email from Dario saying that they didn't have any stock but would I be interested in him making one for me...

Now, which paint scheme...
  • matt_n-2
    Ciavete with a few pointers from yourself, it has to be!
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • meesterbond
    Matt_N wrote:
    Ciavete with a few pointers from yourself, it has to be!

Tempting... it would make the selection that bit easier and when it arrives it would be a genuine surprise...

Hmmm.
  • matt_n-2
    Do it.

The Conic in that link was based on the owner's love of Valentino Rossi / Moto GP, hence the blue and yellow.

Not sure if it's on there aswel, but the midnight blue Respo was based on the idea that the owner wanted an image of looking up to the stars, lots of gold/silver star like flecks in it.

Have you seen the Pegoretti owner's facebook page and Velocipede saloon gallery thread?

Lots of Peg paint schemes on there.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I havent seen a Ciavete I like. They can look a bit of a mess to me. You can order the build and he can tell you when its ready to paint. Gives you longer to decide.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • meesterbond
    Just to tie this one off, for the moment anyway... exchanged loads of emails back and forth with Dario and have finally put down a deposit on a mxxxxxo in Ciavete... expected to be with me in November.

Other than the groupset, seatpost and bar tape I've got everything else I think... just need to decide whether to go Chorus or Record... plenty of time to keep an eye on the sales.
  • matt_n-2
    Nice!

Look forward to pics in a few months time.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,181
    Just to tie this one off, for the moment anyway... exchanged loads of emails back and forth with Dario and have finally put down a deposit on a mxxxxxo in Ciavete... expected to be with me in November.

Other than the groupset, seatpost and bar tape I've got everything else I think... just need to decide whether to go Chorus or Record... plenty of time to keep an eye on the sales.

Chorus, always... it's the same thing for a lot less money
    left the forum March 2023
  • meesterbond

I know - about £400 for some splashes of red and the name... that's exactly what my head is telling me.

It also told me not to be so silly and that I really didn't need another bike, let alone a custom Italian one, when the fx rates are shot and it'll be winter so I won't want to ride it etc etc.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,181

I know - about £400 for some splashes of red and the name... that's exactly what my head is telling me.

It also told me not to be so silly and that I really didn't need another bike, let alone a custom Italian one, when the fx rates are shot and it'll be winter so I won't want to ride it etc etc.

got it, but the choice between Record and Chorus is straightforward... just see Chorus as bling and you'll be fine
    left the forum March 2023
  • matt_n-2
    I've got 2015+ Chorus on my Master minus the 4 arm chainset, it is a lovely groupset.

It has the same functionality just a few less bling weight saving bits, it's the old 95% of the performance for 50%ish of the cost of SR.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
  • meesterbond
    Matt_N wrote:
    I've got 2015+ Chorus on my Master minus the 4 arm chainset, it is a lovely groupset.

It has the same functionality just a few less bling weight saving bits, it's the old 95% of the performance for 50%ish of the cost of SR.

Chorus to SR - £680 increase for 206g weight saving, which on a steel frame weighing (I'm guessing) in excess of 1,500g is a very hard sell.

So purely snob value then.

[please note, I'm not completely discounting it though - the final choice will largely depend on how much wine I've had when I press 'buy']
  • kayodot
    kayodot Posts: 143
    Matt_N wrote:

...100% of the performance, surely?
  • matt_n-2
    Matt_N wrote:

Chorus to SR - £680 increase for 206g weight saving, which on a steel frame weighing (I'm guessing) in excess of 1,500g is a very hard sell.

So purely snob value then.

[please note, I'm not completely discounting it though - the final choice will largely depend on how much wine I've had when I press 'buy']

:lol:

SR it is then. Noice.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced