edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
wet one too from the look of it

gym, cafe, office, why stop when i'm hating it

feeling even grumpier than usual
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    A miserable morning here in Lincoln, overcast fine rain, roll on winter :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely tipping down. 'Or rifle. And I have the dy off as well, so was planning some ridding - that's well out of the window now.

Coffee, Bambini drop off, bit of a weights session then onward with chores.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Leg still painful so looking out the window this morning to see the rain and gloom just sealed the deal for me to pedal tomorrow instead. Will also make it easier to get back in time for the England game.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Why does the longest day seem to come so quickly and we're left with a down hill slide into winter? At least the warmer weather is still ahead of us? Right?

Braved the bike this morning and managed to duck and weave most of the rain drops. Looking forward to another Rooney master class this evening.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Off to the dentist to see if the holes have healed for the next part of the process for implants.

It may be the summer solstice today but I'm wary that Sunday may feel the longest day this year for me as I'm doing my first ever audax.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    My first Monday in a while of not having to go to work. Luxury.

Re-assembled bike bought in NZ and shipped back, a single speed hardtail for pootling. Didn't pay much attention when I pulled it apart but begorrah the chain was filthy. Will see if I decide to keep the bike first before spending any money on fixing it up more!

Physio this afternoon, to be told I have "probably" part-torn left rotator cuff. No wonder my shoulder hurts. :x

Drinks hour.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    So yesterday was Fathers Day, I spent it decorating PP#1* and in return the kids decided that as the house smelt of gloss that it would be better to cook dinner at ours.

This morning I washed what seemed like every single piece of kitchen equipment known to man.

Serious plotting will take place today, very serious...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Sitting in the office on my own listening to to music and sifting through my inbox after a week away. Knackered from a weekend of firsts; first tour, first 100km ride, first 120km ride on tired legs, first time riding in the Yorkshire Dales, first ride with panniers, first time riding through the center on Manchester in the pissing rain, and the first time I have ridden road bikes with other people

It was also the first time I have been likened to Sagan for saving myself from certain death after ending up in the gutter on a fast descent. I won't mention how I ended up there in the first place but it was certainly a good way of bringing excitement to a long slog...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Off to the glass people for some glass for a picture frame, then the dump, then the supermarket.

Still absolutely persisting down so The Hound is going cabin fever mental.

The rock 'n' roll lifestyles of the poor and unknown eh.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    completely and utterly blitzed and I've eaten and drank well (the healthy good for you well, except the odd beer on Sat watching the rugby on sky+)

Weekend was a solid day at the Marin trail in N.Wales. Those crudders away from the weekend warrior trails are a proper sound bunch, even when I am shit and they are scouting next weekends race.

Today is wet wet and wet, I would rather be in bed resting.

How the half go TWL? SKip that went n looked at Sunday thread. not bad for the untrained. Dreading next weeks half ironman in the lakes. Wish i had broken a bone in a crash on Saturday or that it floods out for next week

Enjoy the Monday evening Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

Sitting in the office on my own listening to to music and sifting through my inbox after a week away. Knackered from a weekend of firsts; first tour, first 100km ride, first 120km ride on tired legs, first time riding in the Yorkshire Dales, first ride with panniers, first time riding through the center on Manchester in the pissing rain, and the first time I have ridden road bikes with other people

It was also the first time I have been likened to Sagan for saving myself from certain death after ending up in the gutter on a fast descent. I won't mention how I ended up there in the first place but it was certainly a good way of bringing excitement to a long slog...

I assume you were with Graham? You rode within 1/2 a mile of HD Towers!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Yeah, it was a very good weekend. You have some pretty impressive climbs near your house! My garmin went into auto pause on one of them, Cock hill I think
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    HaydenM wrote:
    ... fool hill I think
    Is it really called Fool Hill?
    Rather moist down here. Thankfully I had to take the car in so I could get home and take the girl into school for a maths test. She was a bit nervous but not as bad as I expected. Considering the amount of time she has missed that's pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully she won't do too badly so it doesn't knock her confidence, she's a bright girl so fingers crossed. Not much else going on other that sorting out other peoples screw ups, nothing new there then.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    ... fool hill I think
    Is it really called Fool Hill?

Sorry, rather amusingly it's Cockhill, it might have been 'Ellers Rd' but I can't remember which, all the climbs were pretty exciting
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sat in a cafe in Menorca. Life is tough.
  • veronese68
    I've just found a reason to vote leave. If we put the barriers up quickly enough they won't let Associate of Bally back in.
  • ballysmate
    Hardly cruel and unjust punishment if I have ro stay.
  • veronese68
    You won't be able to claim your pension or any other benefits, nor will you be able to work so will have to resort to selling your body. Having seen your picture in the caption comp we all know this means a life on the streets for you.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Supposed to be building a workbench today, but I don't have a workbench to build it on :D

Abandoned woodworking for the day as it's toooooo hot (sorry if it's raining where you are) may have to start again in the morning. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Meh. Minion decided to go AWOL today so was left on my own to carry on stripping and revealing more work.

Surely mentioning the fact that it was raining in Manchester is immaterial?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    edited June 2016
    Arrived in south west England for a few days work. need to track down colleagues for food and drinks. Don't suppose any public place will show the Wales game, so may be staying in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    mrfpb wrote:
    Arrived in south east England for a few days work. need to track down colleagues for food and drinks. Don't suppose any public place will show the Wales game, so may be staying in.
    Not unless you can find a Welsh pub. Good luck....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Arrived in south east England for a few days work. need to track down colleagues for food and drinks. Don't suppose any public place will show the Wales game, so may be staying in.
    Not unless you can find a Welsh pub. Good luck....

Edit - actually South West England. No local show - doesn't seem to be on terrestrial either - England are on ITV1 and ITV 3

Following online, a lot more exciting than the England game.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    bike cleaned, GoT watched, making dinner with the soccer on.

Anyone want a fizik arione R1? failing that want to go bump my post?

Need to go find a race number clip for the bike now too. Tri stuff is crud.

Talking of crud, crudder is off to the shop tomorrow after the gears took a knock and the bottom isn't of any use now
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Work done, nice belated Father's Day meal and now the pain of watching England
  • ballysmate
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You won't be able to claim your pension or any other benefits, nor will you be able to work so will have to resort to selling your body. Having seen your picture in the caption comp we all know this means a life on the streets for you.

I am on the street again. Mind you, next to a marina under a brolly and beer in hand. 8)