• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Wojciech Szczesny will be out...

Why where has he been?

Injury
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Overheard people talking about this game, they said it could be interesting as there is 'a bit of history between these two'. Anyone care to enlighten me?
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Overheard people talking about this game, they said it could be interesting as there is 'a bit of history between these two'. Anyone care to enlighten me?

To quote Woody Allen "Every time I hear Wagner I get an overwhelming urge to invade Poland !"
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Didn't polish hooligans put it about last euros that they were harder than any others and would prove it against German and English fans? Then IIRC it was all a damp squib. However I believe they've met before, outside of major international competition and there was a lot of conflict.

IIRC last euros there was one set of hardcore hooligans from one city who are well known for causing trouble. Their main opponents, possibly same city, were pretty bad too. Like Ultras from elsewhere but rumoured to be the worst group of hooligans.

This is all vaguely recalled so possibly a bit muddled and confused. Whatever the case there could be trouble from polish fans unless the polish police have learnt from British police and banned their travel somehow.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Heard they descended in hordes on Paris and fixed everyone's leaking taps.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,680
    crispybug2 wrote:

To quote Woody Allen "Every time I hear Wagner I get an overwhelming urge to invade Poland !"

Excellent reference.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Polish fans went on the rampage last night 103 cars were cleaned and valeted.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Polish fans went on the rampage last night 103 cars were cleaned and valeted.

:lol:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,768
    Peace has apparently broke out.
    Yawns.... Zzzzzzz
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Shame on you lot.

Milik was poor and should have scored. Lewandowski looked sharp but isn't getting the service. All in all good result for Poland.

England have nothing to fear from Germany.

BTW, Polish aren't that fussed about Germans anymore. Not so keen on Russians though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    If the Poles had put up such stiff resistence in 1939 the second war could have started in, sort of, November like!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.