Totally Terminated Thursday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
It's official.

Was told a couple of weeks ago that my (contract) job was being wound up. Should have been last week, was extended an extra week, and many mumbles about possibly dragging the punishment out more. But no! Advised today that tomorrow is indeed my last day on the gig.

Excellent news. :D

Probably shouldn't be so gleeful about becoming unemployed, but this has been an "interesting" assignment.

Westward ho! Home, here I come...
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,715
    In the same boat. Should have finished at the end of March but it keeps rolling on... but likely to finish at the end of this month. Hey ho. The Euros, Wimbledon, TdF, Olympics & time to cycle. :P
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    'ning

hope you both find better ones soon

off to the gym for me, then the first espresso beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pblakeney
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

hope you both find better ones soon
    Not till after September, if you don't mind. :wink:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    and the Golf PB

Morning peeps, day of meetings / excessive forum browsing.
    A solid evening of crudding shaving off serious time from the segments as I get used to the bike.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Today is no bikes, but dentist, funeral and trying to fit work in - going to be shoot
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Feeling a little under the weather but nothing too bad, managed to find some decent beers at £2 a pint in the centre of Manchester so we sampled a few.

Got a Sony/Sonos stand prototype to design and knock up and then if it works have a shiny version made.

Onwards to AutoCAD, Excel and various other tediums.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396
    Morning all.

Busy busy busy. Finishing work at 2pm to watch the big game with work mates, tinnies are on order.

Does anyone know who to get rid of bats? I've had to catch two in the past couple of weeks, I've had the windows closed but the buggers seem to be getting in through the bathroom.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning all,
    That sounds like a dull day TLW. Enjoy your new found freedom Spinner and Blakey. Moderately busy this morning catching up after being out for the afternoon yesterday. Still trying to get used to being a speccy four eyes. Feels quite weird to say the least. There are pros and cons to being able to see clearly as I discovered in the pub last night. Without the specs I couldn't see the 'tache on the woman sat at the next table. With them I could enjoy tantalising glimpses of red lace.
    Going to the boy's A level photography exhibition later followed by a quiet night I hope. Successfully handed over the baton of scouts treasurer, just need to do a hand over to the new guy now. They bought me a case with a selection of bottled beers by way of thanks, or was it relief to be rid of me?
    Bats are protected Seano, you can't do anything with them if they are settled in your place. If they are just coming in sometimes you need to plug the hole when they are out I guess.
  • Flâneur
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

Busy busy busy. Finishing work at 2pm to watch the big game with work mates, tinnies are on order.

Does anyone know who to get rid of bats? I've had to catch two in the past couple of weeks, I've had the windows closed but the buggers seem to be getting in through the bathroom.

call the local wildlife/council cos of all the laws around it, essentially you can't
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Bike dismantled and boxed. Rest stuffed in bag. Hand over things in the morning and will be the first time in ages I'll be pleased to see an airport!
  • Flâneur
    Airport pint or bottle of champagne
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Whisky I think. Possibly quite a big one.
  • seanoconn
    Good luck Wheelspinner, enjoy your rest.

Thanks for the info guys, my home is a bat conservation area, the wife to be will be pleased :(
  • pblakeney
    Mesh screen?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Best wishes wheel spinner, now is a great time to press the reset button!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Off for a pint or three with the final year students to watch the first half of the footy, then BBQ which has been scheduled for outdoors in the rain.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Found a bloody wasp nest in the roof yesterday and I'm not talking about mikebrews house.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Spot of lunch being scoffed now then it's in the car headed for South Wales, with the radio tuned to the footy. Let's hope we get a result then we can taunt the locals down the pub tonight :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all.

penguin

(no worries about protected status as they always mess up and the bat gets away unhurt)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    seanoconn wrote:

Close the bathroom window?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    the buggers seem to be getting in through the batroom.
    Well what do to you expect? :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Spot of lunch being scoffed now then it's in the car headed for South Wales, with the radio tuned to the footy. Let's hope we get a result then we can taunt the locals down the pub tonight :P

Enjoy taunting
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Enjoy taunting
    All ready - got my running shoes on :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Enjoy taunting

Wish I had for mine on, to get away from this wake

Isn't it correct to wait till the day after the funeral to start the money rows?
  • seanoconn
    Engerland!! Give em hell Stevo.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I hope he gets back
  • Flâneur
    why?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Flâneur wrote:
    why?

You still here? :?
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Enjoy taunting

Wish I had for mine on, to get away from this wake

Isn't it correct to wait till the day after the funeral to start the money rows?
    As you're an accountant, they expect you to kick off at the wake.
  • Stevo_666
    I hope he gets back
    Back from the pub. We did manage to wind the landlord at the B&B up a bit though :)