Micro towel opinion.

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited June 2016 in Commuting chat
Hi.
I've just been given a "survey" task around 5 local sites to interview people for information.
This means I've got to carry a towel &shower gel with me every day, as well as shoes, clothes and my work laptop work stuff, whereas I normally only carry shirt, shorts, underwear and lunch.

So what are peopls opinions on the micro sports towel things, are they worth it or just better to bring a proper towel in a pannier? I can tumble dry them at home at night ready for the following day, so that's not too much of a problem.

Ta!
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've used micro fibre towels at work for a few years now. They are great. You get about 90% of the drying capability in about 25% of the volume.

The main reason I like them is that they hang dry so quickly so they aren't wet at the end of the day.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Used for 2 years. Love them. Fold up to postage stamp size. Dry quickly. Virtually as good as a normal cotton towel. Wouldn't go back. Don't use fabric conditioner.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I don't find that travel towels work as well as normal ones. A towelling nappy however is sufficiently large to dry me...
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Thanks. I'll grab one tomorrow from the local superstore and give it a try.
    Will be interesting going from 8 miles each way to 20 to 30 once a week. Home that a company will pay mileage for your own car, or fuel for a hire car, but nothing for a bike!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...