Holdsworth la quelda frameset

paul_stelling
paul_stelling Posts: 96
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any experience with the Holdsworth la quelda frames currently on sale at planet X.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    At that price surely is a steal... might be 200 grams heavier than the best steel SS frame out there, but who cares in a SS anyway? Geometries for these things are pretty standard and it's hard to see how you can go wrong. It's even got mounts for rack, fenders and such nonsense....

However, if you need a fixed frame to race on the track, maybe spend a bit more
    left the forum March 2023
  • It is a real bargain 89 pounds I am very tempted although I had set my Heart on Dolan pre cursa which is 200 Inc headset seat post and clamp inc. Is it worth paying the extra for the Dolan . It's twice the price is it twice the bike?
  • ugo.santalucia
    Depends what you need... the Dolan is most likely stiffer and probably lighter... it also has a carbon fork. But if you need the eyelets for commuting/rack then the Planet X is more suited and can probably take a few bashes from a D lock in its stride.

I would get the Dolan, but can you fit brakes to it?
  • Yes the Dolan comes with drilled front fork only so yes front brake only no drilling for rear. Fine if riding fixed.
  • ugo.santalucia
    If you are riding fixed, go for the Dolan then... no comparison IMO.

The PX is meant to be a relaxed single speed commuter