New brake pads for TRP HY/RD

menthel
menthel Posts: 2,484
edited June 2016 in Workshop
As above, what are the best? I need some new ones for my tour to Ireland! One for now and another set just in case...
RIP commute...
Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.

Comments

• bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Whatever ones uberbike sell. I can't honestly tell a difference between all of them.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    Get a pair of nukeproof semi-metallic from CRC. They got me down Honister, Hardknott and Wrynose without overheating... they seem to last a fair bit too
    left the forum March 2023
  • menthel
    Will have a look at both, thanks!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel
    And given that I am off to Ireland I take it sintered pads are best in the wet? ;)
    RIP commute...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    Get the semi, they feel better and brake better
    left the forum March 2023
  • menthel
    Semi metallic- cheaper too!
    RIP commute...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Semi Metallics on the rear of my LR have been through 2000 miles and still have life left on them, a quick Google earlier today suggested the minimum thickness should be 0.8mm, rears are currently double that and the fronts are on 1.3mm.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • joecamel
    joecamel Posts: 81
    Which ones did you go for? I've got the same dilemma.
  • menthel
    Semi metallics from über bike. Need to fit them now!
    RIP commute...
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    I usually go for Swissstop D15 Organic, from SJS Cycles. Great feel, and see through a winter easily enough, much much better than the standard ones supplied with the calipers.
    Never tried the semi metallic, might give them a go next time and see how they compare.