Upgrading Sirrus Elite 2012

landerson07
landerson07 Posts: 14
edited June 2016 in Commuting chat
Hi all, I now commute to work on my sirrus and after considering trading it in for a road bike I have added tribars to give me a better aerodynamic position when cycling into head wind. I don't mind the bars and they have certainly helped when needed.

My commute is mostly flat and whilst I've got the bug I'm considering upgrading the stock bike parts:

Rims: Sirrus drx270
Tyres: Specialized Nimbus with flack jacket 700x28c
Front Mech: Shimano Acera, 31.8mm, top swing
Rear Mech: Shimano Alivio
Shifters Shimano Acera Rapidfire, 9-speed
Chainset: Shimano Acera triple, 48/36/26
Cassette: Shimano Alivio, 9-speed, 11-32t
Chain: KMC X9 nickel plate, reusable Missing Link

I'm initially thinking a better wheelset and tyres? any recommendations of these or what else would be worth upgrading?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd agree with wheels and tyres first, not sure how that size Nunbus are, but the 26x1.5" I have are not very good at all.

As for wheels, is yours the rim or disk brake version?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Rim, the full bike specs are here http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Sir ... _47034.htm
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'm not great on rim brake wheels but the mid range Shimano wheels get lots of good reviews, not the lightest but usefully lighter and robust.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.