Lacing fail

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited June 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Building a wheel up for a friend an I'm having a full on brain fart for some reason.
Laced up the non drive side twice now each time the trailing spokes come out way to long, im counting off the 3 cross pattern same as the other side though. Any ideas?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You're doing it wrong?

With only that info to go on that is the best anyone will manage.

Are you using a guide?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I am, turns out I was doing it wrong id totally ignored where the key spoke was on the drive side so the non drive side was wrong. I got annoyed an took out all the spokes re laced from scratch an its fine. I usually use sheldons guide done a fair few wheels without issue in the past just my brain went yesterday when I was doing it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All's well that ends well.

I use the wheelpro book, inexpensive, lost of useful stuff and he's always happy to answer Q's.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.