Tour de Suisse ***Spoiler***

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Going slow indeed. Only the Furka finished.
    1. Antwan Tolhoek (ED/RP) 20 Points. 2. Pieter Weening (NED/ROP) 15. 3. Winner Atapuma (COL/BMC) 10. - The margin to the bunch is 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Down and then up the Gottard.
    Probably close to 60kms and the two climbs to cover, after we get live pictures.

Another late, late finish.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Enjoying Brian Smith and Declan Quigley going through their pronunciations while not knowing their mics are live on eurosportplayer.
  • blazing_saddles
    Live now on the Gottard with 51kms left.
  • blazing_saddles
    Turfle wrote:
    Enjoying Brian Smith and Declan Quigley going through their pronunciations while not knowing their mics are live on eurosportplayer.

Here they are. Only 0.3km behind the host feed:

http://cyclinghub.tv/livestream
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Spread out all over Gotthardpass; front group split, peleton disintegrating under pressure by Katusha/Astana, lots off the back. And it's raining now
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Before the start the race organiser apologised for yesterdays finish - "it won't happen again".

Bf9eJR4.jpg
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    To be honest it looks like Astana are also disintegrating under the pressure of Astana.
  • imatfaal
    jam1e wrote:
    To be honest it looks like Astana are also disintegrating under the pressure of Astana.
    nice one!

Fast downhill descent, heavy rain, and bare metal plates all across the road! For crying out loud.

What is Gilbert wearing? Might be handy for winter rides
  • mechanism
    It was pretty horrendous over the top of the Gotthardpass. This is Sagan a few minutes behind.

uuouvAm.jpg
  • mechanism
    Sky setting the pace in the peloton on the valley road

Lg35omH.jpg
  • jam1e
    Knees for Sky drilling it on the front of the peloton - 7 Sky riders on the front not sure who else has many teammates left. Gap coming down steadily now.

Edit: Or look at that picture ^^^^^ instead.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    `
    7 riders are in the breakaway: Darwin Atapuma (COL/BMC), Jan Polanc (POL/LAM), Tim Wellens (BEL/LTS), Kanstantin Siutsou (BLR/DDD), Natnael Berhane (ERI/DDD), Winner Anacona (ESP/MOV) and Hubert Dupont (FRA/ALM). - 20 kms to go, the peloton is 1 minute 26 seconds back.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • imatfaal
    27410979020_b33c953d8f.jpg

Glad he didn't try another stoppie at that speed
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    11km to go, lead group are starting final climb, 1min advantage. Sky continue to lead the chase
  • yourpaceormine
    JuulJenson goes from the reduced peloton, Wellens from the lead group. Wellens has 1 min. Under 9km to go
  • mechanism
    Breakaway attacking each other; Brian Smith not impressed.
  • yourpaceormine
    Can't find a stream, and most of the tweets are in Japanese. Curse you Eurosport and your tennis coverage
  • yourpaceormine
    8km to go. Gap 1:15 I think. Sagan dropped ages ago. 5 Sky riders are leading the peloton
  • jam1e
    Considering there's 8km to go on what is a fairly big climb the front group are racing amongst themselves pretty hard. At least one is going to pop I reckon.
  • mechanism
    What's left of the breakaway

iVZ0VRI.jpg
  • yourpaceormine
    edited June 2016
    Anaconda and Berhanne now leading. They've dropped wellens and a N other. 7 km to go . Gap growing
  • jam1e
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Watching it on eurosport player on a train in the Netherlands, the Dutch commentators are much more listenable than Kirby ;)

Also they have WiFi on Dutch trains.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Can't find a stream, and most of the tweets are in Japanese. Curse you Eurosport and your tennis coverage
    It's on YouTube for UK viewers. Just look for Tour De Suisse 2016 stage 5
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • yourpaceormine
    Merci beaucoup for the streams
  • jam1e
    I know I shouldn't criticise one of My Men but really Kiri, tights and jersey? You're better than that.
  • jam1e
    Boswell all over the place sat behind Kiri who's totally expressionless on the front.
  • mechanism
    jam1e wrote:
    I know I shouldn't criticise one of My Men but really Kiri, tights and jersey? You're better than that.

You're right, but the weather conditions are a reasonable excuse.
  • yourpaceormine
    Boswell looks awful on a bike. Kiri bringing the gap down. Not many big names in favourites group apart from G and TJ lady garden.
  • yourpaceormine
    Atapuma, wellens @20, peloton (!)@50