everything transitory is but a sunday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

suspect it's a bit cooler than yesterday morning, off for an early ride before the rain starts

finally got planning for next hols underway, i'm sure pinno will be especially happy about this
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Proper brekky out, long walk, late lazy pedal round the docks here sightseeing before the rain returned. Drinks had, but not enough to blank out the prospect of work tomorrow.

Yet.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Well foggy, cold and raining. Oh well, Christmas is nearly here.

Apart from that, very slow day planned - TDV flies in later today for a 4 day visit before flying out again, bambini are chilling, The Hound is snoring and I have nothing bicycle related to do, so may sort out the wheel and brakes on the motorbike - if I get off my backside to head out and get some thread lock.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Off to a farm type place with the kids today, one doesn't really know about it as he's strapped in a car seat and the other is being a miserable git.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,507
    Busy morning - not helped by one cider too many last night watching the footy up in town. We've got the in-laws descending on us this afternoon, including one of the US clan that we haven't seen in a few years. Large lamb joint is in the oven and starting to smell good. More coffee for now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Mornin'

Coffee x 2. Swimming with toots etc etc...

Had to call 999 on behalf of OH's terminally ill Dad.

[Rant and not in the 'Easy like Sunday Morning vein] I don't get this: If I call NHS 24, I have to go through a rigmarole of questions, some of which only a doc could answer. Then I get re-directed to another person where I have to repeat the endless questons. Then they tell me after I need to subjectively convince them that it isn't an emergency, I cannot take him to A&E myself but he needs urgent attention and then some time in the next 3 hours a Doctor will call.
    Option 2: 999 - not really an emergency but urgent nonetheless and quicker than the above.

Despite having a care package, I haven't got a direct line to the care nurses - neither has he and and the solution which is a wrist mounted alarm call function is no longer available because of cut backs. Well, f*ck the cutbacks. If they don't provide for the middle ground between NHS 24 and 999, I have no choice.[You can get back to your roast now, its over]

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    wearing a chroma key green outfit was just asking for it...

http://shardcore.org/gstq/index.html?v=yqrAPOZxgzU
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    * Apart from Kate, that balcony yesterday looked like an Edwardian fancy dress party frequented by a solitary Leprechaun.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Great w.end doing the Shropshire Highland Challenge, 64 very wet miles was an absolute hoot with the lads, yesterday was camping out and having family fun in Ludlow

Now watching the football and waiting for the GP highlights
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Nice one TLW 1. Ludlow is awesome, bet you miss the easy availability of Joules' ales though :wink:
    Say hi to Craven Arms next time you're whizzing by.
    Back to work tomorrow, boo. Had a good time last night at the pub gin festival. Lots of ale drunk with good friends, a slow walk home in the pitch black. Lie in, watching TV and more beer. And some wine.
    Had a steak dinner, with some more wine. Did I mention the torture that is work tomorrow? Oh heck.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Nice one TLW 1. Ludlow is awesome, bet you miss the easy availability of Joules' ales though :wink:
    Say hi to Craven Arms next time you're whizzing by.

Sure do miss the green monkey, there is a pub 4 miles away that serves it thankfully

CA is a place you wiz through rather than stop