Accident involving car - insurance advice

RobinB2
RobinB2 Posts: 111
edited June 2016 in Road general
I was cycling home from work the other night about 20 feet behind another cyclist in a bus lane. The traffic in the outside lane was either stationary or slow moving but the bus lane was clear. A car traveling in the opposite direction decided to turn right and cut through a gap in the stationary traffic in the outside lane. However, the car didn't stop to check for traffic in the bus lane and clipped the bike in front of me on the back wheel and sent the rider tumbling to the ground. I hit the brakes but due to the lack of time to stop and the damp conditions, ended up hitting the wing of the car as it skidded to a halt

I am considering making a claim against the car drivers insurance as my bike ended up with a bent fork and buckled wheel. I also bashed my nose on the car bonnet and suffered other minor injuries. I have 3 witnesses who can vouch for my version of events

However, I'd appreciate any feedback from other people who have been in a similar situation. I don't have any cycle insurance so not sure what the process would be to make a claim. I would also appreciate any advice as to the likely balance of blame the drivers insurance company is likely to take wrt the above scenario

Comments

• stifflersmom
    stifflersmom Posts: 177
    There is a post in the commuting general section which gives good advice. Hope you get it sorted.
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    Thanks stifflersmom - I'll check it out