Farnarkling Friday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
Yes it's that time of the week folks...

Mine was a mishmash of disgruntled victims of office politics and more Machiavellian manoeuvres being plotted. There was free ice-cream to help placate the grumpy masses.

A weekend of who knows what looms. Anything not involving work has to be a good thing
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    been to gym, done emails, time to head out to the cafe and plan how to spend the rest of the day as lazily as possible

where did they get the contaminated ice cream? :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Mornin'

Caught the sun yesterday and didn't notice until this morning. A 4 hour ride with SPF 50 last week - no sunburn. 3 hour ride yesterday with SPF 50 - beetroot arms. Bugger.
    Now to shifting sh1t all day and I cba.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    500+ mile round trip 14 hour day for me yesterday so I'm a bit tired today but have cheered myself up with a few purchases.

Early finish and a possible ride if the weather holds out then off out for dinner later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Blimey, that was a busy morning. Slower start than usual as my appointment at the hospital was brought forward to this morning. Thankfully they think the hole in my jaw is healing up on it's own now. I can't blow beer out of my nose any more which is good. I need to go back in 6 months though. How's your lack of tooth TLW?
    Today was the inaugural cake Friday. The company bought cakes for everyone which pleased me. A couple of people moaned about them, one said they'd rather have a pay rise, the other would have preferred a pizza. Seeing as they could barely speak due to having a face full of cake at the time I laughed at them and told them not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Needless to say I enjoyed the cake. Just need to get through the rest of the day and enjoy the weekend.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Working* from home today.

Trying to either find an OK second hand bike for my sister or a frame that I can build into a bike using bits and pieces I have lying around. If anyone has a bike or frame that would be suitable for a 5 foot 6(ish) woman let me know, i'm sure she'd be eternally grateful.

*for working read logged onto work laptop and answering the odd email
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Working* from home today.

Trying to either find an OK second hand bike for my sister or a frame that I can build into a bike using bits and pieces I have lying around. If anyone has a bike or frame that would be suitable for a 5 foot 6(ish) woman let me know, i'm sure she'd be eternally grateful.

*for working read logged onto work laptop and answering the odd email

Don't we need pictures to ensure right fit?
  • veronese68
    orraloon wrote:
    Don't we need pictures to ensure right fit?
    This, very much this.
    Oh, and we don't mean pictures of frames either ya bastards.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Bra size is very important when sizing a person to a bike. Think I'm a B cup now, although after a week off drinking and eating like billy-o, it might be a C.
    Before anyone gets the horn, they are quite hairy. Grey hair.
    Not long to push now, chaps. Here's to a great weekend. As previously alluded to, I am off to a gin festival.
    Work Monday. Unless the Good Lord takes me in the meantime. One can hope.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Top day ruined by work saying in a roundabout way that I can't go on a course because it doesn't fit into their grand plan of how they think people fit into their puzzle.

Oh well - looks like I can't do all the bullshyyyt that isn't my job that I do for them now then.......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thankfully they think the hole in my jaw is healing up on it's own now. I can't blow beer out of my nose any more which is good. I need to go back in 6 months though. How's your lack of tooth TLW?

Great news on yours

Mine is loads better, managed 3.5 hrs sleep without waking up, which is a big improvement.

Today has been working from home to try and catch up from stupid o'clock - beginning to get tired now
  • homers_double
    Ride. Soaked. Beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Think I'm a B cup now, although after a week off drinking and eating like billy-o, it might be a C.
    Who are you to judge other deviants' foibles and fetishes? You're the one that got all moist over Nicola Sturgeon. :P
    I should add hairy moobs are not on my list of foibles or fetishes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    sorry to disappoint, I managed to get a carbon Ribble frameset on ebay pretty cheap so no need to send pics, I was just about to as well, honest!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    Meh, Garmin won't connect to my PC so is now sat in a box of rice after finding the inside of the rubber flap a bit damp :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Veronese68 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Don't we need pictures to ensure fit, right?
    This, very much this.
    FTFY.

ACOAD, apart from a nice free lunch at our auditors client dining rooms. New partner trying to get on the right sixe of me and nearly succeeded.

Off now to relax and maybe watch the footy. Too ferkin hot for a suit that's for sure, so more cold beer may be needed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Think I'm a B cup now, although after a week off drinking and eating like billy-o, it might be a C.
    Who are you to judge other deviants' foibles and fetishes? You're the one that got all moist over Nicola Sturgeon. :P
    Yus' passin' time o' day. Hands off the Sturgoen, lads, she's mine. That wee nippy sweetie is hot, and she knows it
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yus' passin' time o' day. Hands off the Sturgoen, lads, she's mine. That wee nippy sweetie is hot, and she knows it
    Anyone who has the hots for Wee Jimmy Krankie's evil older sister should seek professional help.

ad_165828585.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    I think BBG is a very sophisticates gentleman with refined tastes and is attracted by her personality rather than looks...Hang on...

No, he needs professional help.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Possibly against rules, if there are any, but it's Saturday morning here, and all I can see is clear blue sky.

There will be bike riding. If I can remember how.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS