chinese carbon wheels on ebay ?

stronginthesun
stronginthesun Posts: 433
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
a lot of these on ebay all about the £300 mark a set . anyone bought some ? ive bought fake kit from china and its always been good stuff .

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Theres a HUGE thread about chinese carbon wheels if you use the search function.

I've got 3 sets and they've all been absolutely spot on (bar one which arrived slightly out of true) - use a reputable supplier like Carbonzone, Light-Cycle or Farsports and you'll be ok. Avoid carbon clinchers for long alpine descents or hilly rides due to heat build up.

Also if you really want carbon wheels look at ZUUS wheels, they are basically imported chinese wheels but sold by a UK seller so you get a proper warranty.
  • I got some 50mm clinchers from cycling-cycling on eBay for about 230 a few months ago, they were slightly out of true at first but have been fantastic since. Highly recommend them, although slightly less so in wet conditions!
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Just do your research and be careful. Quality varies wildly between producers. The usual Western brands cost more but give you proper quality control, customer support and a warranty.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Used Carbonezone ones for years (60mm tubs) - used for racing, training, commuting. Faultless and something like £280 delivered.

In fact, I'm about to buy some more.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.