Wide rimmed training wheels?

chrispee44
chrispee44 Posts: 28
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
After some wide rimmed training wheels for my TT bike, the brakes are a pain to adjust the pad width and my Flo race wheels require plenty of clearance between the pads. Are there any cheapish wheelset's that also have a wide rim design?

Comments

• The new fulcrum 5s? LG i believe they are called..
  • mcstumpy
    mcstumpy Posts: 298
    Or fulcrum quattro LG, think in similar price range as the 5s
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    For something cheapish the fulcrum 5 are not a bad choice. You get a set of handbuilt for various place for not a huge ammount as well. One low cost option would be the Kinlin XC279 rim or the XR22t/rt and novatec or Miche hubs.
    With novatec hubs you could go for the light A291 on the front and the more reliable F172 rear some builders will be able to get these more easily than the miche the reverse may also be true depending on which distributors they deal with.
    Plenty of lowish cost options out there.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • From personal experiences, although with the narrow rims. I found Scirocco 35mm (pretty sure these are the same as quattros?) very slow when initially pulling away. Soo much so that I would go as far as saying Khamsin are a more lively wheel. F5s were a good wheel, and can't say I would tell overly that much difference over the zeros I am now using. Definitely not 4 times better... Do love the look of the carbon hubs though! :)

Don't shoot me down. These are just my experiences and opinions.