Using DA shifters with sram force

zoomer42
zoomer42 Posts: 124
edited June 2016 in Workshop
Hope somebody can help - did try searching for the answer but not getting anywhere

Just got back into cycling. Bought a second hand bike with mostly sram force (has a sram apex chainset)

I really don't like the double shifting with this sram and wondered would changing the shifters to Dura ace or ultegra work?

Any advice would be brill! Thanks

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    You'd need new Shimano mechs too. You might possibly have a small chance you'd get away with keeping the Sram front mech though, but not the rear.

If you've only just started, persevere for a moment with the Sram as it should become second nature (assuming it is set up correctly and your experience of it is not what it should be).
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Front mech will work fine / rear mech will only work with a matching shifter.
  • zoomer42
    mfin wrote:
    You'd need new Shimano mechs too. You might possibly have a small chance you'd get away with keeping the Sram front mech though, but not the rear.

If you've only just started, persevere for a moment with the Sram as it should become second nature (assuming it is set up correctly and your experience of it is not what it should be).

Thank you mate, much appreciated.
  • zoomer42
    Imposter wrote:
    Front mech will work fine / rear mech will only work with a matching shifter.

Thanks, i'll give it go.

Anyone after some mint sram force shifters drop me a pm :)
  • Hi I've got some mint condition, ultegra 10 speed shifters, and front and rear mech for sale if you are interested. Pm me for details
    Lee
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    You'll adapt to Sram. I've bikes with each - they both work just as well.
  • I have DA on one bike & Rival on another.

You will get used to the difference pretty quickly. Save your dosh & your time.