wednesday at the end of the universe

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
looking rather soggygloomy out, summer didn't last long

almost time to squelch off to the gym, before another day of corporate demotivation

i know where i'm having the first coffee of the day, after that it'll be a time of discovery
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning of hearings but off to Degla for a crud later (need to try and put my new pedals on mind), still warm and grey. Plus side is the coffee girl loaded up my card with stamps this morning just for being me.

What type of coffee is coffee number 1?

I seem to be constantly tired these days, Think I may be catching up with all your old ages.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Day 1 of the big conference in Berlin. Went to a bar last night where they were selling beer in those massive 2 pint beer glasses, not bad but feeling a bit tired this morning. Onwards to listening to presentations...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur wrote:
    Morning of hearings but off to Degla for a crud later (need to try and put my new pedals on mind), still warm and grey. Plus side is the coffee girl loaded up my card with stamps this morning just for being me.

What type of coffee is coffee number 1?

I seem to be constantly tired these days, Think I may be catching up with all your old ages.

Joking aside, get your iron levels checked. Wifey had been complaining for months of being tired and just putting it down to be busy etc. Went off for one of these health check things and was quickly summoned back to be told her iron levels were as close to zero as could be. Change of diet and iron suppliments and she's back to being a right pain in the arse whirling dervish.

Lovely and sunny in Nottingham if not getting a bit muggy. Still trying to summon any enthusiasm for work. Should go cycliing later but will in all probablity end up pointing our stone wall in the garden before it falls down.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Back in the office again, a mate of mine is telling me that my shoulder injury sounds exactly like when he fractured his but I'm pretty sure if it was broken it would hurt more so I'm going to stick it out because I'm a real man (plus then I can complain lots).

Ordered a pannier rack, panniers and a new jersey as I'm off work next week, lets hope the weather holds out
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    edited June 2016
    Flâneur wrote:

Check for:

Iron Levels
    Thyroid
    Vitamin D
    Vitamin C
    Possible infection
    Liver cirrhosis
    Kidney failure
    COPD
    AIDS
    CJD

Oh and I solved your bike conundrum. It came to me in a flash. Your date needs a bike with a step through because then she can wear lovely summer dresses. When it's windy, you can get sneak previews.

Today I am mowstly procrastinating. I think the hefforts of the last week have caught up.
    More coffee methinks.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Rode the usual pre work ride this morning after a blocked attempt at getting back in bed.

Loads to do today then a full day back on the motorways tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Busy. One armed bricklayer in Baghdad busy.

The End has been postponed a week. Good I get another week of paid work. Bad I have to spend it here!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Rather too busy this morning, at least I managed to pedal into work today. Wet legs from spray as I'd had to take my mudguards off the other day. I feel like it's Thursday as I was out drinking and currying last night so have the traditional mild Thursday hangover on a Wednesday. Beers tonight will help by making me feel a bit rough tomorrow as usual. Apparently we are being bought cakes on Friday, so looking forward to Fryday even more than usual now. Should probably do some more work now.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    first coffee an espresso, with toast, outside the cafe watching the euro-totty passing - i'm in tourist land

a scrappy morning in globalmegacorp, so far have restrained the urge to kill, giving advice on the structured approach to wean people away from scattergun questions as the basis of 'planning'
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Worked out that I did more hours in work than I have slept since Friday night

No wonder I'm grumpy
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

Ah but have you drunk more pints than hours spent at work?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

No, just two and wine shared with the wife - I'm ashamed of that lack of effort
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

Best book yourself in for a German beer fest with their 2 pint glasses.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

Worried about who I may bump into
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

Or trip over, more likely... :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

You have a point. He may take offence to you gate crashing the bean counters/beer/sausage party too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

You have a point. He may take offence to you gate crashing the bean counters/beer/sausage party too.
    Too late :wink:

You have to drink those big beers quickly to stop them from going warm :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No wonder I'm grumpy

Too late :wink:

You have to drink those big beers quickly to stop them from going warm :)

Not an issue