Focus Izalco Ergoride 2016

DAZZ_A
DAZZ_A Posts: 74
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new ride, I currently have a 2013 Allez which I love but it's time to relegate it to winter bike status.

My LBS has a lovely Focus Izalco Ergoride on Ultegra which I'm very keen on. For £1499 it comes with a decent spec, although the wheels let it down (not a concern as I shall be replacing these)

I know the Ergoride is branded as a sportive bike, I think the geometry is slightly more relaxed than my Allez, but I'm really struggling to find much in the way of reviews online about the bike.

Can anyone share their experiences?

http://www.focus-bikes.com/gb/en/bikes/ ... tegra.html

Comments

• Probably it's me but it looks like these Focus frames are getting a lot of attention from buyers in the last year,probably because the were early adopter of Etap ? Geometry looks so relaxed a Specialized Roubaix looks like a TT bike in comparison,but looks like a good bike.
  • DAZZ_A
    DAZZ_A Posts: 74
    I thought the geometry looked fairly similar to that of my Allez?
  • The Allez is the equivalent of the carbon Tarmac,an all out racing bike.
  • prcody
    prcody Posts: 67
    I have had the 2014 and 2015 one and bar writing off the latest one I cant praise it highly enough. Only thing I changed on it was the saddle as the factory issue is not great for 2 plus hours in the saddle. I am changing to the Focus Izalco Max frame under a crash warranty from Focus but would easily go for another Ergoride if I had the cash to have a second bike. The frame hasnt changed much since the 2014 and 2015 models so check for reviews on them.