I mean...c'mon,drove it for 10 years no issues and then gave it to wife and...

Devastazione2
Devastazione2 Posts: 98
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
I was sick of my wife calling me all the time as her 40 years old VW Beetle was keeping letting her down in the middle of everywhere. My Toyota Prius is 10 years old,I've put 280.000 km on it and NOT A SINGLE issue,the car still runs like a swiss watch. So,since we have an 8 months boy and she hates the idea of carrying him around with the Beetle ( the car has 0 airbags,no safety belts and the cabin reeks of gas smell) I've bought a preowned ( 18.000 km !! ) Toyota Yaris Hybrid for me and gave the Prius to wife. In a month only of ownership she managed to :

1) burn one of the sparks
2) have the engine light go off ( 300 Euro worth of workshop check and overhaul)
3) lose one of the rims cover ( never ever lost one myself !!!! )
4) this afternoon she managed to give the front bumper a ****ing huge shiner while parking...

I swear to God I'm done with it,that's her car now. What drives me nuts is that I bet her freaking VW Beetle would have gotten all the attentions needed. WTF !!!!!!

rant over.

Comments

• andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    For pete's sake don't lend her your bike.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Even though it's a Prius - it's your car so you have got to kill her
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    TLW1 wrote:

Well yes, but because it's a Prius, he probably can't claim mitigating circumstances (she damaged my car M'Lud) for the killing. Really, who cares about a 10 year old pile of dying batteries? :P
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Well yes, but because it's a Prius, he probably can't claim mitigating circumstances (she damaged my car M'Lud) for the killing. Really, who cares about a 10 year old pile of dying batteries? :P

Hybrid code means we stand together however misguided they are
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    There is a silent 'r' in Prius.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I'm surprised she's not divorced you for unreasonable behaviour. You own two hybrids and expect her to drive one of them FFS!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Hybrids are so old and stupid now anyway. Fully electric is where it's at.
  • Hybrids are so old and stupid now anyway. Fully electric is where it's at.

Yes,if you have enough plugs scattered around in your area. This is not Santa Monica or LA... :roll:
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Hybrids are so old and stupid now anyway. Fully electric is where it's at.

Yes,if you have enough plugs scattered around in your arse. This is not Santa Monica or LA... :roll:

ftfy
  • Hybrids are so old and stupid now anyway. Fully electric is where it's at.

Yes,if you have enough plugs scattered around in your arse. This is not Santa Monica or LA... :roll:

ftfy

Yeah I love you too,LA biatch :lol: ..
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Your car has metamorphosed from an AMG Merc to a Prius?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Eh? He bought a C300H I believe... even if you stick the AMG badges on it, still a hybrid..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Eh? He bought a C300H I believe... even if you stick the AMG badges on it, still a hybrid..

I never did pay much attention at school :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I never did pay much attention at school :roll:

:)
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    I lost some sympathy when I heard Prius, then I completely lost all of it and feel it is deserved for buying another similar vehicle ;)

My other half went through a spate of 'accidents' in our old 120D BMW and Golf TDi. Touch wood cars since have been fine. But that is probably because they have not been powered by the devils fuel or batteries!!! ;)