Bike TV....

Rookie1986
Rookie1986 Posts: 153
edited June 2016 in MTB general
When did this happen and why didn't anyone tell me about it?

I spent the weekend down at my brothers in Manchester and one of his friends who also Mountain Bikes asked if I watched much of Bike TV... for me this was the first I had heard of it but apparently its been going for a few months now on Sky (not sure if its on any of the other subscription TV services?) so I stuck it on when we got back that afternoon and they were showing the Red Bull Rampage, was a decent watch and definitely a decent find!

Had any of you guys noticed this before now? (its on the second off last page of the Sky Sports section in the TV guide - Channel 464 I believe - it appears to be "free-to-air" as it works without the Sky Card too so anyone with an old dish/box should be able to get it :)).

Worth looking into as some of the shows I've seen so far have been decent and worth a watch!!

Comments

• chrisdouglas
    chrisdouglas Posts: 114
    Yeah I randomly discovered this but didn't want to post thinking everyone knew and I was last to the party haha I remember them showing Where the Trail Ends a few weeks ago which was nice as I hadn't watched it for a while. Definitely some good shows on it though.
    2013 Kona HeiHei - 29 Life

http://www.lakesrider.weebly.com
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Haven't seen anything all that good on there but also haven't given it much of a chance. Red Bull TV I watch online or through the xbox. That's where the good stuffs at. :)
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    tried watching some f it, seemed like everything from the 90's and the rest road stuff...

lost patience then
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    I quite like the greatest climbs segment with the two Italian riders as I find their conversations interesting and amusing.

I thought the MTB Coach might be interesting but ended up being very road riding biased.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • chrisdouglas
    chrisdouglas Posts: 114
    I thought the MTB Coach might be interesting but ended up being very road riding biased.

Yeah I tried watching that last night...not entertaining.
    2013 Kona HeiHei - 29 Life

http://www.lakesrider.weebly.com
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    A whole tv channel is probably going to be road biased so don't care if I'm missing out. I do have the redbull tv app on my tv but the picture quality is terrible. Looks like 360p stretched to 1080. Still watched the world cup on it yesterday though.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    pinkbike and redbull TV are way better than the bike channel.

they're showing the Atherton project from about 8 years ago, that's how out of date it is!
  • Rookie1986
    welshkev wrote:

they're showing the Atherton project from about 8 years ago, that's how out of date it is!

What channel # are PinkBike and RedBull TV? I can't find them in the listings :'(
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Rookie1986 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

What channel # are PinkBike and RedBull TV? I can't find them in the listings :'(

I watch redbull tv through my Apple TV box. Pink bike is online.
  • Rookie1986
    Ah, unfortunately my TV is getting on a bit (around 10 years old) so no "Smart" functions for watching online based services.... guess I'm stuck with Sky for now....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Connect an old PC to it, cheap and simple.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thewaylander
    Or add a chromecast.. use that for streaming redbull tv. looks great!
  • oodboo
    Or add a chromecast.. use that for streaming redbull tv. looks great!
    Maybe I should try that next time but you'd think an Android TV running the Redbull TV app would be decent quality over 30mb fibre broadband. It does look a lot better on my phone.

Strava
  • Thewaylander
    200mb here, but seems to output decent quality from redbull.. pinkbike video's often are low res
  • oodboo
    Netflix and youtube apps can play full HD full screen, just the redbull tv app is useless on the TV. Pinkbike videos wont play smoothly on my imac where as I can watch 4k youtube and netflix content no problem. Anyway, going a OT now.

Strava
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Bike TVs been on about 6-8 months and it just seems to repeat stuff on a loop.
    Greatest climbs for example is now in its 2nd run of 24 episodes and each episode is repeated every couple of days.
    The MTB stuff mainly old and repeated over and over.
    Cycling with Fillipa is just some Italian bird pootling about.
    A good idea but 24/7 is a bit of a stretch