Does it worth getting decent bike so that motorist don't abuse you

Tony Chopper-Kun
Tony Chopper-Kun Posts: 58
edited June 2016 in Commuting general
Is it worth having decent bike £500 with drop bar at least so that motorist don't have a reason to abuse you?

For example, slow mountain bike / hybrid, so very poor cyclist on crap bike who crash wing mirror and cannot afford £150 for it. Hence there are poor cyclists hit and run away, I don't know if motorist making filtering difficult for cyclist or motorist don't take a damn about cyclist overtaking on the outside rather than inside.

Is it not worth riding cheap beater road bike even it is still fast enough and it is very convenient against risk of theft / money loss?

Do poor people deserved getting GBH by rich people / middle class ? probably middle class probably own £500 road bike at least.

Comments

• Oh God. Just stop.
    Carrera Subway 2015
    Boardman Hybrid Team 2014
  • for example, motorist get fined up to £5000 if overtaking too close, but that law isn't spread out really much.

so decent bike means that motorist may risk not hitting cuz they probably have camera to report them.
    do most commuter to work on decent road fast bike all have camera nowaday?

other occasion, motorist don't want to pay for cyclist wheelset for £500 while its motorist fault.

do you rather stay quiet and report to police / court, rather than speaking to the motorist instead, otherwise that motorist gonna backfired you?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    I'm hoping that one of these threads is going to develop into a full blown fight soon.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Keep similar questions in one thread, stop multiplying threads, I won't answer in this one.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I suggest you try and find a more fulfilling job.

I was in a job where I was told to 'look busy' for 9 months. It ruined me.
  • This has to be a lead up to spam. There's no way this is legit. No way.
    Carrera Subway 2015
    Boardman Hybrid Team 2014