Time bicycle sizing

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone had a Time?

I'm 6 foot, the large comes up quiet "large" with a 570 TT compared to my Colnago 565 TT also the seat tube length seems bigger than my C59 58cm traditional.

Any expereinces would be helpful :)

Comments

• rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I ride a Skylon and I also think they come in quite large. I'm 5'9", my Look 675 is a medium but with the Time I went for a small and it's a perfect fit. I don't know which model you're looking at but at 6 foot I'd be looking at a medium.

Hope this helps.
  • canoas
    Rokt wrote:
    I ride a Skylon and I also think they come in quite large. I'm 5'9", my Look 675 is a medium but with the Time I went for a small and it's a perfect fit. I don't know which model you're looking at but at 6 foot I'd be looking at a medium.

Hope this helps.

Model is NXRS, wow Small for 5'9 I am very surprised to hear that! I would always say you would be a medium!
    A Time NXRS Large 570 TT is long, however my Colnago is 565 and I have a 12 stem, so I guess a 11 stem would be sufficient.

Looks like Time sizes are Large looking into Geometry details now
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I think the 675 in a medium has a top tube of 538mm and the Skylon in a small is 540mm !
    both bike have 110mm stems. I don't know your location but if you are near Leeds there's a very good Time dealer with a demo fleet.
  • canoas
    Rokt wrote:
    I think the 675 in a medium has a top tube of 538mm and the Skylon in a small is 540mm !
    both bike have 110mm stems. I don't know your location but if you are near Leeds there's a very good Time dealer with a demo fleet.

I'm in Surrey, there is a Time dealer in Windsor very helpful....said I'm right on the edge of a M and L. Depending how flexible I am, which I'm quiet flexible.

In detail, I can see length of the whole bike is almost exactly the same as a C59. The only major diff I can see is TT 0.5cm diff and seat tube 1.5cm diff. May sound little but its a lot for bit fitting. I'm 792mm from top of saddle to BB.