Buying an Adventure/All-road Bike

mrehanabbasi
mrehanabbasi Posts: 8
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
I have been using a mountain bike for years but, after reading some of the guides here on bikeradar, I've come to realize that an adventure bike is for me. So, after a bit of research, I've come to like Trek 920 Disc bike.

The problem is that it's too expensive. I want something with the same shape and mounts but on the cheap side. I don't want to compromise on the quality too much though. Please recommend me a good bike. It'll be very helpful.

Comments

• animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    How about a Genesis CDF?
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • Then should I go for Genesis CDF 10 or Kona Rove AL or Giant Revolt 3? Or do you recommend something else? CDF is still a bit pricey for me though..
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Probably better if you give us an idea of budget?
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Whyte Sussex/Dorset?
  • I can spend a maximum of $1000 but around $700-$800 is preferred..
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    So that's around £500-£700. How about something like this: https://www.evanscycles.com/jamis-reneg ... e-EV245157

Jamis are a US brand, so you might be able to get a better price (assuming you are in the US). The Renegade range is described as 'adventure' - I was considering a carbon version but there were delays in importing to the UK so I went elsewhere.
  • So that's around £500-£700. How about something like this: https://www.evanscycles.com/jamis-reneg ... e-EV245157

Wow! It seriously looks good for my first adventure bike.. I might give it a try..
  • stavgold
    stavgold Posts: 61
    A friend of mine was after a gravel/road bike a few months ago and I pointed him towards the Jamis renegade or Norco search from Evans. He went for the renegade and loves it. We've recently done the trans Pennine trail together and the bike performed great.
  • Anything cheaper than Jamis Renegade Exile will be appreciated as well as renegade is $800+ and I want somehing around $700..