sunday sun day

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
after a week of unrelenting gloom, it is rumoured that there will be sun today, still rather grey out at the moment though

off for an easy ride around, with cafe stops
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Sunday... not quite.

Since I arrived home on Friday evening during a deluge, we've had almost 10 inches of rain. So glad I flew home for a weekend of this! :x
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Woke up in Wells next the Sea again - not so strange

At least another full English breakfast is on the cards. Looks like a morning run has been swerved again. I must start bringing my bike with me when we go away.

Apparently shopping is on the cards later this morning. Anyone who knows Wells would think this should take an hour max to get around what few shops there are - how wrong you would be :roll:

Tides in by the way, it won't be later no doubt.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425

Not got totally on board with the concept of gravity yet then? :D

Sunny, warm no wind, off to the classic car meeting this morning so hoping for a few clouds and as its on the sea front maybe a sea breeze to keep the heat down :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Glorious sunshine here in the Pennines, no bike ride planned but some garden lounging will be had I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Left home at 7:15 - glorious sunshine.

Returned at 9:49 - grey and overcast.

Nice ride though.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Woke up in Wells next the Sea again - not so strange

At least another full English breakfast is on the cards. Looks like a morning run has been swerved again. I must start bringing my bike with me when we go away.

Apparently shopping is on the cards later this morning. Anyone who knows Wells would think this should take an hour max to get around what few shops there are - how wrong you would be :roll:

I'll be just down the road in Burnham Market in August. Wells isn't really a shopping town - but if they insist, tell them you'll be in the pub for as long as they are shopping.

The hound is a bit out of sorts today so I am dog sitting when I should be doing jobs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Don't even mention Burnham Market as they will want to stop off there on the way back
  • Stevo_666
    Don't even mention Burnham Market as they will want to stop off there on the way back
    Stay away from Holt as well in that case.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Sunday... not quite.

Your fault for sitting on the other side of the International Date line.
    Since I arrived home on Friday evening during a deluge, we've had almost 10 inches of rain. So glad I flew home for a weekend of this! :x

Stop moaning - at least it's warm rain.
    Woke up in Wells next the Sea again...

Unintentional, too much to drink?
    I must start bringing my bike with me when we go away.

...and then you could have avoided this
    >

It's a hazy, sultry 25 deg c. Would love to go on a bike ride this evening, just depends how much energy I have left after looking after toots. How do you conserve energy and look after children bar paying a baby sitter and sleeping?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Nice and sunny but something is wrong with one of my teeth, so feck all sleep last night and feck all food today
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice and sunny but something is wrong with one of my teeth, so feck all sleep last night and feck all food today

1. At least half of your teeth are alright then.
    2. Of all people, you should know what the cure for all 3 problems is.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

1. At least half of your teeth are alright then.
    2. Of all people, you should know what the cure for all 3 problems is.

Trying at the mytton and mermaid

The only issue is I'm driving so it's only the one pint
  • pinno
    I see. You have the AMG and now you've gone all posh.

img2075.jpg
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    staying shut. Not my day chewed up and spat out on all 3 climbs today. Managed to get my legs working for the rolling road home.

watching the tennis now and recovering may go test the new bike later mind, or play tennis with the Date

Looks like nice play to lunch

Glorious sunshine here tho
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Don't even mention Burnham Market as they will want to stop off there on the way back

Holt is a town I regularly pass through on my rides, summer Sundays are always a challenge as you have to watch out for all the pensioners who step out into the road to cross without even considering a cyclist might be about. The ones who then do spot you just carrying on in front of you anyway at a slow shuffle as if it's your problem not theirs. Bloody coffin dodgers.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Holt is a town I regularly pass through on my rides, summer Sundays are always a challenge as you have to watch out for all the pensioners who step out into the road to cross without even considering a cyclist might be about. The ones who then do spot you just carrying on in front of you anyway at a slow shuffle as if it's your problem not theirs. Bloody coffin dodgers.

Wifey is from Norfolk so I unfortunately know all these places only too well. Great part of the country - to visit though, I noticed her webbed feet coming back as we passed into our fourth day there. You can take the woman out of Norfolk..........
  • Stevo_666
    Its the drivers as well, they are so ferkin slow. Norfolk seems to be full of old farts that have never had an accident but have caused dozens.

Might take the bike in August if I win the argument :roll:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    that's nothing, not sure if it's due to tourist season, or simply the impact of easy interweb access on evolution and the resulting enhanced survival of the dumbest, but it's getting like withnail and out there...

look at that, look at that. accident black spot. these aren’t accidents. they’re throwing themselves into the road gladly. throwing themselves into the road to escape all this hideousness. [to a pedestrian] "throw yourselves into the road darling, you haven’t got a chance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDlX49yUSI
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Its the drivers as well, they are so ferkin slow. Norfolk seems to be full of old farts that have never had an accident but have caused dozens.

There's no fecking hills in Norfolk!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There's no ******* hills in Norfolk!!!!
    And your point is what, exactly :P
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    I see. You have the AMG and now you've gone all posh.

img2075.jpg

No amg and a lot nicer icandy
  • Flâneur
    13310599_1724944791079791_5517017572657750375_n.jpg?oh=9f7520e2e4a2ef12c6463a185e9c196f&oe=5809D121

For Stevo and the others who like something other than men in lyrca.

Have some new pedals and a dropper on the way. I'll probably screw up the installation (of the pedals).
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:
    13310599_1724944791079791_5517017572657750375_n.jpg?oh=9f7520e2e4a2ef12c6463a185e9c196f&oe=5809D121

Have some new pedals and a dropper on the way. I'll probably screw up the installation (of the pedals).

Nice
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Flâneur wrote:

My eyes..my eyes!!! Moderator..anyone, please spare us from this kind of thing.
  • Flâneur
    It is the BB, anything goes.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    122 miles and 6548 ft later .....,
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:

Good stuff. You need a dropper for sure. You cannot screw up pedal installation, even I can get that right :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    ToC done, got rammed into an sunburnt. Honestly not seen so many crashes in one event, watched a guy loose it toward the end an plowed into a road sign :s
  • Flâneur
    Slowmart wrote:
    122 miles and 6548 ft later .....,

Good effort.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    My eyes..my eyes!!! Moderator..anyone, please spare us from this kind of thing.
    Just for you VLL:

photo.jpg

SteveSpicypicsMay2014018.jpg