One heck of an MTB saddle

SME
SME Posts: 348
edited June 2016 in MTB general
This is the only saddle you'd ever need on any downhill ride, even an erupting volcano, or across an earthquake - it's..... ANTISEISMIC !!!
(gotta love those Chinese translations)

antiseismic_saddle.jpg

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Amazing. I'll have a slice of that :-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Came across something batty today in a bike shop, a saddle that pivots on its centreline to allow it to roll with the riders pelvis.....sounds a bad idea to me, but will wait until I've had the chance to try one before condemning it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    The Rookie wrote:
    Came across something batty today in a bike shop, a saddle that pivots on its centreline to allow it to roll with the riders pelvis.....sounds a bad idea to me, but will wait until I've had the chance to try one before condemning it!

Wasn't one like this, was it...?

http://www.gizmag.com/manta-bicycle-saddle/15251/

I think you're brave if you try anything like that - sounds like a recipe to fall off, or trap some body parts!!!

Incidentally, I was told on a bike fit that if your pelvis is rolling it could mean the saddle's too high.
  • The Rookie
    WTF...... No this looked like a normal saddle but between where the two saddle rails joined and the upper part of the saddle as a pivot system. I'd agree, but that's a cause and effect and doesn't mean a pivoting saddle is wrong (though it may well be for other reasons).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A couple mates have recently fitted Fabric saddles. Both claim they're the most comfortable saddles they've owned despite looking like a torture device.
    https://www.evanscycles.com/fabric-line ... oCIuvw_wcB

I guess the areas with no padding are where there shouldn't be any contact
  • The Rookie
    Some people love the tune speedneedle despite it having no padding or even give at all.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I have a Tioga Spyder, no padding but surprisingly comfortable
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite