Bianchi Sempre steering tube bearings???Help???

Klive
Klive Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in Workshop
Hi Everyone I'm new to this forum. My Bianchi Sempre's steering was a little notchy so I thought I'd change the bearings, but when I removed the forks I found the upper bearing being a sealed unit and the lower was a cup with caged bearings and a little plastic removable ring holding them in place. Is this correct? I went to two local bike shops for advice and they said they don't deal with Bianchi's, but they probably should have been sealed bearings in both upper and lower. I tried the upper sealed bearing in the lower for size, but they didn't fit, and the sealed bearing have no number on them. Anyone advise please.

Comments

• REDUTOPIA
    REDUTOPIA Posts: 71
    try to ask to Bianchi directly by FB page.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is it a Sempre or Sempre Pro? I ask as the original Sempre has an alu steerer and has very different bearings. If you try emailing http://www.bianchistore.de (they speak English but are based in Munich) I have managed to get all sorts of spares from them down the years. Not found a UK based shop that iffers the same service. I bought a complete headset from there for a VN7. It wasn't on their website but they sourced one for me.

Additional - Try looking on FSAs web page as it will modt certainly be made by them as all Bianchi headsets are.
  • Klive
    Klive Posts: 3
    Thanks guys, I'll definitely try the Bianchi store in Munich. I've found the problem, the person who put the bearing in split a sealed bearing and only put part of it in.