Scott Foil 10 2012- should I buy????

Petersj1
Petersj1 Posts: 7
edited June 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I've been offered a Scott Foil 10 2012 for £1200. It's all original spec and has done less than 200miles (bike priced in 2012 at £5999) and I trust the owner.

Does anyone think that is a good price for that bike?

Really don't know if I should go for it or not?!?!?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Link to review original review
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -13-46871/

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Sounds like excellent value to me. Bikes haven't changed or developed that much in 4 years, and that is a bike that will stand amongst the best of today.

If it's really done so little miles (why?!) and it's in perfect condition (it should be!) then it's a no brainer.
  • Scott Foil with Sram Red? Hmm, that will be nice.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I have had many top end bikes and one of my current bikes is a foil team with sram red and reynolds carbon rims. Its a great ride. Ignore the waffle about being unforgiving its not at all. Its quick and it does actually climb well on a par with the addict rc i had. If its that price id buy it as its cheap and after pinarello, cervelo, bmc, trek, and a few others over the last 18mo months ive gone back to a scott and not looked back. And at the end of the day if you dont like it just sell it you wont loose anything.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    £1200? What a bargain, the frame alone is worth that. I have the 2013 (same frame) with Red and it's an awesome bike. As said above the stuff about them being uncomfortable is rubbish, I've done quite a few centuries on mine with no issues whatsoever.

They are really light too and great climbing bikes. Mine has Racing Zero wheels and 25mm tyres so not massively light and it weighs under 6.7kg with cages, pedals and Garmin mount. I used to have Zipp 202 tubs on and the whole thing weighed 6.3kg.

I would want double that for mine, £1200 is silly cheap. He'd get way more if he split it, I sold the standard wheels for £500.