saturday of the greatest

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

sad to hear muhammad ali died, he had a great life, remember him from when i was a kid

another gloomygrey day outside, but rumour has it the sun will finally make an appearance

off for some hill repeats, laps and espresso
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Gray start in Shropshire with the wife intent on doing gardening jobs :(

Later is probably into town for food and drinks
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Misty, grey and cool in Lincoln this morning, gardening duties await privet hedges to cut all 200 mts of it
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Mrs Slog's Birthday. Hoping to spend a day getting everything just right.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Woke up in Wells next the Sea - how strange. Grey and misty here too but temperature on the rise which is a good thing as we have a beach hut booked for the day. Saw one for sale yesterday for 55k WTF, I can nearly build a two bed house for that.

Seem to be avoiding doing Holkham parkrun and having a full English instead - I'll spare you the logisticals on why I can't do both.

Wife's family arriving on mass later which will be "fun" Sandy picnic on the beach here we come.

Happy birthday to Mrs Slog - she shares the same day as Mrs MGB (it's one of those special ones but I'm not saying which :D )
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Wet Saturday.

Actually that's a bit understated. Windy too.

Mooched about the house, fettled stuff in garage for a while, bit of shop browsing, lunch, more fettling. Now settled in with the first Ardbeg of the evening. 8)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Dull here for the first time in 2 weeks. Off for a walk to get rid of excess energy in the toots.

Have to submit a schedule of works to the council regarding the house refurb in order not to have to pay council tax. Any advice anyone (MGB?) is there a pro forma?

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was attempted but spoiled somewhat by the harridan next door screaming at her evil offspring at 4:45 then every hour or so after that. I might suggest if she doesn't want children she puts them up for adoption.
    Happy birthday to the wives of Slog and MGB, hope they enjoy their days. I'm off to get my eyes tested and pick up some flooring we ordered. Deep joy.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    gray day, guests gone, time to go pick up the new mtb
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Wee ride to see the sea. Pub stop on the way home. They had a bladder of Biddenden cider on. Result. Wobble home.
    Next weekend they are having a gin festival. I am not riding to that. Laters
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Happy birthday wifeys x2.

It's the hounds first birthday tomorrow so I was packed off to Pets At Home to find him a present :roll: Also need to pack for Germany. Stropteen is also packing for a school trip on Monday to somewhere in the West Midlands called Ironbridge which is dangerously close to where some forumites live...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pinno wrote:
    Dull here for the first time in 2 weeks. Off for a walk to get rid of excess energy in the toots.

Have to submit a schedule of works to the council regarding the house refurb in order not to have to pay council tax. Any advice anyone (MGB?) is there a pro forma?

laters.

Not an expert on these things but it tends to vary from one local authority to another. Generally you need to show that it's uninhabitable so anything without a kitchen and/or bathroom should suffice. Schedule of works backed up with photos (if they reinforce the uninhabitable aspect) should be accepted. They are generally tightening up on this and I've even had them try to charge me on new builds as soon as the windows and doors have gone in. I think they can make up their own rules so no surprise there with local authorities.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Pinno wrote:

laters.

Not an expert on these things but it tends to vary from one local authority to another. Generally you need to show that it's uninhabitable so anything without a kitchen and/or bathroom should suffice. Schedule of works backed up with photos (if they reinforce the uninhabitable aspect) should be accepted. They are generally tightening up on this and I've even had them try to charge me on new builds as soon as the windows and doors have gone in. I think they can make up their own rules so no surprise there with local authorities.

Yes, suspected that and thank you.

What I can't fathom is that on the one hand it is plain to see that work is in progress and in no way would they class that the house is habitable yet you have to tick a long subjective list so that I don't have to pay CT.
    I have an extensive lot of photo's.

If you could, can you peruse my Schedule and see if there's any glaring omissions and it is plausible? PM me and i'll email it to you. I would be very grateful. Bear in mind, I have 2 builder friends who are on hand to give advice and both have shed loads of materials, units, baths and everything in between so the costing is smoke and mirrors.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Will do - be later tomorrow as still on husband birthday duties currently
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Started grey, turned gorgeous and sunny. Just finished prose co and crispy duck pancakes for dinner.

As in other threads, have just sort of recovered from having wasted two hours of my life with the biggest bell end this side of Moscow. Friend of TDV's. Utter bell end.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.