Squeaky pedals or shoes

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,516
edited June 2016 in Workshop
So I put new cleats on my shoes last weekend and my look cleo blade 2 carbon pedals are 3 months old.

My first ride of 80 miles was followed by a ride of 24 miles earlier this week and every thing was fine, however a quick blast of 28 miles tonight was accompanied by a constant squeaking.

I'm due to ride 110 mile on Sunday and need to avoid the soundtrack and thought the collective wisdom on here might offer a solution.

Tomorrow I'll spray the pedals with some WD40 in the hope that will sort the problem. :shock:

There is one thing though, I put the pedals on the bike first and then the cleats followed three months later. When I went to change the cleats I noticed there was no anti slip grips attached to the bottom of the cleats. Thinking this can't be right I took them back to the shop who replaced the cleats with ones having anti slip pads.

I actually have just read the instructions and it clearly states that cleats come in two sorts, with and without grip. So have I messed up and the anti slip pieces are squeeking?
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• REDUTOPIA
    REDUTOPIA Posts: 71
    Try to clean with a degreasing agent pedals and then lubricate this and with a cloth absorb the excess oil. Also the cleats must be cleaned but not lubricated.