Worcester Rides - No Car Required

RlamboFod
RlamboFod Posts: 12
edited June 2016 in Routes
hi

I'm from the forest of dean, so all I've ever had to do was step out of my front door and be on a half decent trail. however I have recently moved to Worcester and this is no longer the case. does anybody know of some decent off-road trails which I could get to without a car?

I know that the Malvern hills are relatively close, but that would mean riding on busy main roads to get to, unless someone knows of a cycle route?

Cheers in advanced

Comments

• pigeontoes
    pigeontoes Posts: 73
    Other than the Malverns, I think you are pretty limited immediately around Worcester.

You can get to Powick on the A449 along cycle lanes/paths. Shortly after that the cycle lane runs out and the A449 is pretty so I would Then take the B4424 to Callow End, then a bridle way to Clevelode. There's then a minor road to Guarlford. From there take the bridle way to Balckmore Park. You'll then need to do a short stretch on a footpath to Malvern(Peachfield) Common and up onto the hills below the Wyche.

Quicker and on reasonably cycle friendly roads is the A4103 to Leigh Sinton and then the B4503 to North End hill.

The other option is jump on the train with the bike from Worcester to Malvern Link or Great Malvern and it's only 5 mins onto the hills from either.
  • RlamboFod
    RlamboFod Posts: 12
    think i might try going on the train. went to perry wood today as heard there is "mountain biking there" from a local. turns out there is 1 jump and some steps.