New bottom bracket and headsets

Red.Devil.Ghost
Red.Devil.Ghost Posts: 185
edited June 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I haven't been on here in a while. Sometime ago I stripped my MTB down for a full rebuild etc. and it came to a stop and has been in the garage in pieces ever since. However, I'm now about to start the rebuild. It's going in for powder coating tomorrow.

When they were removed both the BB and headset were damaged so new ones are going in. I think I'll be getting a shop to press them both in, but I need advice on what to get. The bike is a 2011 Ghost AMR5900. As standard it came with a Ritchey Pro Tapered headset and a Shinano Pressfit BB. From what I can gather, these are fairly low spec but they seemed to work just fine. I don't need to massively upgrade the bike, and tend to do general cross country stuff rather than any serious downhill etc.

Any thoughts/suggestions on suitable bits. I have around 75-100 to spend at the moment. Seeing as the standard spec components can be had for around 40 for the two, I don't really want to be spending too much more than the amount I have at the moment.

Any suggestions gratefully received. I can't wait to get using the bike again, it's been a long time.