Route recommendations - East Putney To Cannon Street

scoobers
scoobers Posts: 364
edited June 2016 in Commuting general
My daughter wants to cycle to work from East Putney to Cannon Street, she's new to cycling and I'd like plan to the easiest possible route for her avoiding major junctions and traffic where possible (maybe using some of the Thames paths).
She will be travelling at about 7-7:30am and back at 5:30-6pm Monday - Friday

I know North London very well but not South and would be grateful for any suggestions from anyone familiar with that route especially at those times.

Thanks in advance

Scoobers

Comments

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Scoobers wrote:
    My daughter wants to cycle to work from East Putney to Cannon Street, she's new to cycling and I'd like plan to the easiest possible route for her avoiding major junctions and traffic where possible (maybe using some of the Thames paths).
    She will be travelling at about 7-7:30am and back at 5:30-6pm Monday - Friday

I know North London very well but not South and would be grateful for any suggestions from anyone familiar with that route especially at those times.

Thanks in advance

Scoobers

East Putney is pretty generic - give us the street name and I am sure you will get several helpful door to door suggestions.

My thought would be Smugglers Way to Wandsworth Bridge, right turn at Townmead Road through Imperial Wharf to Lots Rd then join up with CS8/East West Superhighway all the way to Cannon St.
  • scoobers
    scoobers Posts: 364
    Thanks for the reply, it's Oakhill Road.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Scoobers wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, it's Oakhill Road.

I would repost this on commuting chat - far busier