Bike Research - Help needed

BikeRe
BikeRe Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in MTB general
Dear Forum Members,

Currently I am working on my master thesis for Marketing and I would like to ask your assistance. My research is investigating key decision making factors of bike users online with the aim to improve online offerings of the major bike retailers. I am now reaching out to the most reputable forums in UK to run a quick survey (10-15 minutes) among the forum members to get the opinions.

I am offering 3 prizes of 100 euro each to the participants that will win a lottery (randomly assigned). I guess it can be a nice opportunity for you to determine how the future of bike retailing will look like, besides they can also win a nice prize

To help please click the link (or copy-paste it into your browser): http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2818506/B ... ENG-MSC-EB

Looking forward to you reply. Thanks.

Regards,
Erwin (Amsterdam)
Email: Erwin_klein@hotmail.com

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Well I completed the survey. Looking at the objectives you describe then you will not meet them with the range of questions you ask. You have completely ignored eBay for components and clothing - well actually everything, in your range of alternatives and have confused Halfords with an online shop - rather than a shop with a website. I really do hope that people will not click through the slider options because that will give a massive distortion. I suspect they will though. Good luck!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A fairly well thought out survey, although in some places I had to rewind through the questions as a question I was expecting to answer wasn't their and many I had to change previous answers to suite. I hope it gives you what you want.

Fishy is clearly unaware that some Halfords stuff is online only with no option to buy in store.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chrisdouglas
    chrisdouglas Posts: 114
    Done. Hope it's helpful for you mate. Good luck with your work!
    2013 Kona HeiHei - 29 Life

http://www.lakesrider.weebly.com
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Started but lost interest when it got on to e-bikes. I just wouldn't buy one.
  • tripleDot
    tripleDot Posts: 1
    Finished the survey. Have to agree with FishFish, eBay and local bike forum markets have a significant share of the market.

Also, I'm from Asia, I'm only familiar with Amazon and Giant Bikes. So there's that question of how far these on-line companies wanted to reach. Hope that helps.
  • StinkinHippy
    StinkinHippy Posts: 160
    Apparently you have all the results you need. It won't let me do it :)
  • BikeRe
    BikeRe Posts: 3
    Dear All,

Thanks a lot for participating, your input was very valuable! My survey is now closed. Among 264 participants that have provided their emails I have randomly selected 3. The winners are.....:
    - Joachim H from Germany
    - Matt L from UK
    - Yvonne D from Switzerland

Thanks!

Regards,

Erwin