bike Secruity or bike register

IanWhite
IanWhite Posts: 85
edited May 2016 in MTB general
Hi All

Think this is the right place , so some of may have seen my 1st post asking advice on what bike to buy , decided on the Cube Race Limited , pictures to follow :lol:

So is there any way I can register the bike on a database for security and so I can prove it's mine if it was ever to be stolen and then found so I can claim it back

I am going to be taking pictures of all the part codes I can find on it today , any help would be great and thanks for reading my post

Ian

Comments

• kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    All you need is the receipt and frame number, usually found under the bottom bracket.
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • IanWhite
    IanWhite Posts: 85
    Thanks again Kickaxe

Ian
  • Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    Kickaxe wrote:
    All you need is the receipt and frame number, usually found under the bottom bracket.

This, but if your bike ever gets stolen you'll probably never find it they tend to chop up and sell on quickly nowadays, you can register the bike on Bikeregister
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • kickaxe
    kickaxe Posts: 446
    Lungs94 wrote:
    Kickaxe wrote:

This, but if your bike ever gets stolen you'll probably never find it they tend to chop up and sell on quickly nowadays, you can register the bike on Bikeregister

If it gets nicked I wouldn't expect to get it back, really all you can realistically do is get the money back from the insurance, for what ch you at least need the receipt
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
    -A new Giant Trance 3 2015!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    If it's marked by Bike Register the police will scan it and can trace you if they get hold of it. Whilst it may be unlikely the old bill ever see it, it's better than nothing. In London the Met Police will even mark it free of charge so there's no good reason not to get it done, not sure if other forces do the same.