feels like monday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
uk weather again, sigh

just put bike back together, off for a test ride and cafe stop or two, i feel the need for the jamon iberico y queso toasted croissant at the cafe on the corner to console me, and several espressos

enjoy the day everyone
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Got up, went to work tolerated some signals guys for about 8 minutes then came home. Now drinking coffee having had a fresh croissant breakup and playing with The Hound.

May clean the bicycle after yesterday's ride later and faff about with rear mech.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Smells like Monday too. That's not a good thing.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Dull and cool here so we're off to that thar countryside to let the hound loose and get some fresh air. The Bruiser is now up for sale so I'm planing a replacement.

And here's the t-shirt of the day :)

s-l1000.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    My Monday has improved considerably in the last hour.

Thank you, Aberlour.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Back is giving me some grief after spending part of yesterday under the bonnet of the 'rents Micra. Going out for a bite to eat later, the girl is going into Kingston with some friends, big step considering she hasn't done that in 6 months. she's pushing herself to do more which is good. Otherwise a lazy day for me. Coffee pot has just started calling me...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo does that t shirt say the problem of a nagging wife is solved by landing badly and going OTB?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo does that t shirt say the problem of a nagging wife is solved by landing badly and going OTB?
    It would definitely take my mind off the nagging. And being in Wales would help as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    hence the euphemism, "landed on a sheep"
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    How many bloody weeks holiday are you having SG??!! Get back to shirking.

Walls me stripping me. Minion didn't turn up for general wheel barrow duties and isn't answering calls or texts. I guess he's been a naughty boy over the weekend and he's been banged up.

More hit nails...bang plasterboard...pull nails...bang more plasterboard...hammer...remove nails... tomorrow.

Van MOT expired on the 9th May :shock:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    oi! i start shirking tomorrow

today i'm in fuckingwindycold london pondering the absence of summer warmth when it's only three and a bit weeks until the solstice and subsequent enshortening of days

though i must admit one of my first acts will be to propose that i take a week or three hols august-ish, for my bike is shiny and the call of the road is strong
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Sunny in Shropshire

Slow start after drinking my body weight in the 'borrowed' VIP passes for the bike race

Run in to collect the car was painful but needed, since then has been jobs / cycling and the pub :)