shimano 105 5800 groupset

Kevpool
Kevpool Posts: 13
edited June 2016 in Workshop
I am fitting the above groupset,but having trouble with gear cables,the rear shifter has no clicking movement and unable to remove cable to try to reroute it,any ideas ,thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I think you might need to be a bit clearer....
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    Internal or external cable routing? Did you operate the rear STI to set it to the high gear position before you connected the gear cable to the RD?
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Unclamp the cable from the rear derailleur. Hold the end of the cable in your left hand. The click the shifter up and down with your right hand. If it is shifting through the gears OK click the small lever 10 times (into the highest gear = smallest cog on the cassette = first click position on the shifter). Then re-clamp the cable.

If the cable doesn't pull or push freely whilst clicking the gears. The cable end may be unseated from the holder inside the shifter. And will need to be reinserted

Quick method - If you peel back the hood there is a hole on the inner left side where the cable enters. Free up some slack cable (at the shifter) and wriggle the cable end around (whilst looking inside) until it seats (check the cable end isnt jammed between a gear click - if so you may find it difficult to seat). Using some kind of poke like a small allen key will help it go in.

Long method - Start over. Remove the cable completely and feed it in again through the holder. (click into the highest gear first).

Also make sure any cable stops on the frame are correctly seated and the bottom bracket cable guide is secure.
  • Kevpool
    Kevpool Posts: 13
    It's the internal cable no I didn't operate STI to set high gear position,but now having trouble removing cable from shifter,how could I remove it