Eurosport, Home of Cycling

2»

Comments

• 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ The only downside, when I 'refresh' I have to log back in. It has frozen in the last 2km's or so of a race more than once and you ain't going to get back in quick enough to see the finish.

I don't have that problem,are you ticking the box which says 'remember me' when you log in?

Another solution to this problem is to use a tablet or phone at the same time, then if the pc freezes you just turn the sound up on the other kit and you can still watch the finish. I have no problems with freezing when watching via tablet or mobile,pretty sure they use different servers for the pc vs mobile. Hope that helps.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,641
    During the first ad-break of the stage 20 highlights show last night they had an advert for stage 21 that announced which rider had just moved into the pink jersey.

They ruined the highlights with that ridiculous bit of programming.

This was really irritating.

I think Eurosport is mostly for live sport.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    6wheels wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ The only downside, when I 'refresh' I have to log back in. It has frozen in the last 2km's or so of a race more than once and you ain't going to get back in quick enough to see the finish.

I don't have that problem,are you ticking the box which says 'remember me' when you log in?

Another solution to this problem is to use a tablet or phone at the same time, then if the pc freezes you just turn the sound up on the other kit and you can still watch the finish. I have no problems with freezing when watching via tablet or mobile,pretty sure they use different servers for the pc vs mobile. Hope that helps.

Me old fashioned me. I don't have a smart phone. I'll try ticking the box though although the login is reasonably quick, after I have logged on, I get the 4 bouncing linear dots for what seems to be an age.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    If youre watching Eurosport via Sky or another channel partner you get less than you do if you're able to subscribe and watch via a smart TV app or your phone / laptop. They have videos of stages and sometimes live coverage of races in addition to the ones they're broadcasting. They often have the live channels screened minus commentary.

Its not a perfect delivery but it's getting a lot better. It's good value.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    Full details of their TDF tv coverage:-
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/rac ... ide-233516
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.