Cube electric bike

Brad111
Brad111 Posts: 3
Is this bike worth 800? I have been messaging the owner he says won't take less than 8. Are there any better deals out there ?

Comments

• Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    Brad111 wrote:
    Is this bike worth 800? I have been messaging the owner he says won't take less than 8. Are there any better deals out there ?
    Certainly not an expert (more something I think might be good when I'm 65) but I understand that you can't buy these (or similarly powered) any more new as they are now both speed and power restricted...???

So if you want a 37 mph eBike I'm guessing the old ones will start commanding a premium.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    The owner doesn't even seem to realise it's an eBike. Ordinarily I'd stay well away from sales where the owner has such scant knowledge. But in this case, it's probably legit.
  • Steve-XcT
    dodgy wrote:
    The owner doesn't even seem to realise it's an eBike. Ordinarily I'd stay well away from sales where the owner has such scant knowledge. But in this case, it's probably legit.

I got this at 5 months old....WITH original receipt for £690!!!

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bi ... 241/77338/

A new front wheel costs more.... sometimes there are real bargains!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Steve-XcT wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that an apparent owner that knows knack all about what he's selling is often a red flag for stolen kit.

However, as I already said, the alarm bells aren't ringing for this one, for me anyway.
  • Steve-XcT
    dodgy wrote:
    Steve-XcT wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that an apparent owner that knows knack all about what he's selling is often a red flag for stolen kit.

However, as I already said, the alarm bells aren't ringing for this one, for me anyway.

I was genuinely concerned when bidding on the £3000 bike for sub £700 that it would turn out to be dodgy or stolen...
    By some weird chance it was actually in my small town so I collected and the seller had photographed the receipt from the LBS. I don't know how many of those they sell at full price but considering we actually have a Giant store less than 10 miles away in Guildford I can't imagine its many...

So I'm agreeing, often the red flags go up but sometimes it really is a genuine bargain.
  • Nixtoo
    Nixtoo Posts: 10
    I converted my bike for £400, mid drive with 10Ah rack battery. It was really straight forward. Fantastic now!
  • I think that there are definitely more and better bikes for 800