the first thursday of the rest of your life

2»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veronese68 wrote:
    People seem to think I'm a doctor because I'm a first aider. I've had people ask me on a Monday morning about the sore ankle they got playing football on Saturday. More recently a bloke saying his heart felt funny. My usual response is to tell them they're going to die, but if they carry on I might accelerate the process.

I had a dude call me from a building site saying that he had just put a shovel through his leg and what should he do.

I told him to call somewhere who was closer than 15 miles away or maybe do what sensible people and go to a hospital. He genuinely seemed grateful for this information.

And they let these people have shovels......

This is the same guy who called me at 10:30 on a Sunday night from a different country two hours after coming off the the recent 21 day straight through stint to tell me that he had put diesel in an unleaded car and what should he do. I told him to call the AA or equivalent as I am a medic and not even in the same country, so I may be a while if he needs a lift.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    This is the same guy ...
    At least he values your opinion. That or he likes the sound of your voice.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    edited May 2016
    Pinno, sigma sport Corsa G under 38 quid each and NEW5 for 5 quid off
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod: you are becoming less popular by the day. I think we should arrange a lynch mob on your return.

just hit 29 celsius in the shade, still two hours until solar noon, i may officially declare scorchio

if things get too hot, the pool is just right

off to work on my tan, read, listen to music, loud, in the words of hst

"let it roll!" he screamed. "just as high as the fucker_ can go! and when it comes to that fantastic bit where the rabbit bites its own head off, i want you to throw that fuckin' radio into the tub with me!

I am going to pull in a few favours and have you shot. You'll thank me for it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This is the same guy ...

Or he has got a man crush
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This is the same guy ...

Or he has got a man crush
    That's clearly the case. He probably refers to MF as TDMF, I was trying to be subtle by saying he liked the sound of his voice.