Could someone explain Rockshox Monarch Rt3 DebonAir

Mattcurrie93
Mattcurrie93 Posts: 49
edited May 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi folks,

Just received my kona precept 130 and I am over the moon with it. Brilliant and sizing is perfect.

As this is my first full sus, few things i am abit confused about.

The shock is a Rockshox Monarch Rt3 DebonAir. There is a blue lever on it which points towards a rabbit and other side is a turtle. And then there is a red dial which twists both anti clockwise and clockwise and then stops. What kind of set up on this do i need for basic trail riding llandegla etc.

Also forks say they are lockout but still feel spongy when on the lockout position. This normal for air suspension?

Thankyou

Comments

• afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    The red dial relates to the turtle/hare
    The turtle is slow rebound, the hare is faster, adjust according to rider weight and riding style/feel

The blue lever is, I think, 2 positions, lockout and free to move (lockout for climbing, free to move for normal riding)

Hope that helps
    Hopefully others can confirm this as correct
    I ride therefore I am
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Being rt3 the blue lever will have 3 positions, closed, pedal and open (may not be the exact words they use)

Neither the fork or shock should fully lock, cheap forks do but not always a good thing. The lever is closing the damper and doesn't lock the fork, will make it firmer (usually considerably firmer) but should allow some movement still.
  • Yeah just had a look. Looks like I need to buy a pump and increase the psi in the shock as the sag is abit to much at the moment past 50%.

Thanks for helping me