Older Trek 2300 questions

Smpzeshk
Smpzeshk Posts: 4
edited May 2016 in Road beginners
hello,
I recently purchased an older trek 2300 pro from craigslist for 150. It seems to be in pretty good shape. its the black and yellow paintjob.

http://frameandwheelservices.blogspot.c ... imano.html

This is what it looks like. Does anyone know the year? I think I found the serial code on the bottom bracket but it doesn't seem to match any codes I look for online.

Its 56cm and I am 6'1'' so its a little small for me. I was wondering how much its worth? I'm trying to sell or trade to get a 58/60 size. Also, could you use a 56cm frame and just put the seat higher up?

The bike has a tag that says its seven layer carbon tubes. Is this true? I read that it may just be the fork. It also says composite on the tube so could it be a composite of aluminum and carbon fiber?

Comments

• mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    According to the link, its 90 or 91. They generally only kept colour schemes for a year and then changed them so that would indicate the bike in 26 yrs old. If its the same bike as in the link then yes its a carbon frame bike (fork is most likely carbon too)

56cm shouldn't be too small for someone 6'1" and yes you can raise the saddle/seat post to suit.
  • IMG_3800.jpg

This is my 47cm version. I think I bought it in '91. It has carbon tubes bonded to aluminium stays. I loved it then, but it's a bit flexi compared to modern bikes.

I still have my matching Vittorio shoes, but the tape is currently black, waiting to be replaced with some matching Deda tape.

(apologies for position of saddle, pump, valves and crank - photo was taken before I joined BR :wink: )
    All the gear, but no idea...