Anyone ridden both a Canyon Endurace and Ultimate?

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am either going to purchase a Canyon Endurace or Canyon Ultimate in size small

Has anyone ridden both? What are the differences is the Endurace much more upright?

If anyone has either in a Small I would really appreciate a test ride around Oxford/Bath/Bristol

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    I've got an ultimate cf slx and I had a canyon roadlite, which was the aluminum precursor to the endurance. I didn't think the roadlite was too upright and I don't think the ultimate is that extreme - in fact it's reasonably relaxed with the spacers it comes with. I'm a relatively inflexible 47 year old and have had comfort problems on other bikes, but I've not had problems with either canyon. Hope that helps.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Hi,

I am either going to purchase a Canyon Endurace or Canyon Ultimate in size small

Has anyone ridden both? What are the differences is the Endurace much more upright?

If anyone has either in a Small I would really appreciate a test ride around Oxford/Bath/Bristol

Thanks

Tom

I have Ultimate and my friend has the Endurance and both is small however, I am in London.

Ultimate is way too racy for me and it is collecting dust for 2 years now. Totally unacceptable for commuting for my liking. Endurance is fine but I wouldn't buy that now without disc version.

I wouldn't chose any of them though. I will buy a Rose CDX DI2 easily.

I myself have the Rose DX DI2.

I am currently eyeing the Trek Domane SLR.

But the fact you are looking at two different geos means you don't really know what you want and what is it for?

Want racing then go for racer want comfort then go for Endurance.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    hsiaolc wrote:
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks

Tom

I have Ultimate and my friend has the Endurance and both is small however, I am in London.

Ultimate is way too racy for me and it is collecting dust for 2 years now. Totally unacceptable for commuting for my liking. Endurance is fine but I wouldn't buy that now without disc version.

I am currently eyeing the Trek Domane SLR.

But the fact you are looking at two different geos means you don't really know what you want and what is it for?

Want racing then go for racer want comfort then go for Endurance.

Ultimate collecting dust? :o

I'd be selling it I think, although you may have just missed the best period to sell a Canyon bike.
  • hsiaolc wrote:

So you wouldn't recommend buying a Canyon because you bought the wrong type of bike yourself?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Does anyone know how reliable canyon are on there delivery dates?, I an looking at ordering one with a delivery date 1st to 5th Aug, thanks
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I am looking at ordering one with a delivery date 1st to 5th Aug, thanks

Which year!!! :shock:
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    They are as good has that then, might have to change my mind, I have just seen another thread on the same subject
    Thanks for the reply