Giant Warranty

taon24
taon24 Posts: 185
edited May 2016 in Road general
Really impressed with Giant's Warranty.
Recently took in a well used Giant Defy 2 (2011) purchased brand new when I was a student in to Julie's Cycles in Leicester to look into a warranty replacement after the frame developed a crack in the top tube close to where it joins the seat tube. The bike had plenty of cosmetic damage, I'm a heavy rider and I had slid out a couple of times (but not crashed into anything else).
Two weeks later I am cycling on a Giant Defy 1 2015 frame. No quibbles or queries from Giant, just a new frame sent out to the dealers.
Julie's Cycles were good (although I would have liked better communication when they found out that the frame was being replaced under warranty.) and despite not being the original purchase location dealt with Giant for me. They switched all my parts from the old to the new bike, including the dynamo lights and cycle computer, set the saddle to the correct height and gave the parts a pretty thorough clean. I did pay for some replacement bits (new chainrings, chain, cassette and cables) but the price was pretty fair for the service.

I would definitely consider buying Giant when I next look for a new bike, based on the service I had this time, especially if it is a more expensive one.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    It's good to hear about companies that look after their customers, well done Giant
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I've only ever had good service from Giant. They even offered to discount me a frame after being missold one that was too large.
    Their service convinced me to switch from Canyon and back to Giant last year (I never really left Giant, I just sold the Canyon to fund a TCR. I now have 3 Giants!)
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Good work that. I suppect Giant shift more bikes globally than anyone, so the funds are in place and this leads to repeated custom. Great bikes too.