Whatever Happened To The Specialized Hardtail Range

foy
foy Posts: 296
edited May 2016 in MTB general
Just been looking at the hardtail range and unless you want a fatbike or a 27.5 + hardtail, their is nothing available from the rockhopper expert at £850 ( This bike would be overpriced at £500 ) To the stumpjumper carbon at £2200. Compared to other brands the choice is shocking!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    For several years Specializeds hardtail range has been so far behind the competition in terms of value for money. A £500 Boardman was as good as a £1000 Specialized. There's no difference in frame quality so you'd have to be a bit simple to buy a Specialized hardtail, or some of their budget full suspension bikes.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    edited May 2016
    Hello again Foy, how have you been? Ive gone so far as to check for you, and you're right, the only options between those two price points are indeed the Fatboy and the Fuze, fat and 27.5+ respectively. (or, since I seem to recall you're female, the Helga and Ruze). I see two options for you:
      Give up on Specialized, they seem set on disappointing you. Look at one of the many other manufacturers. I read good things about this year's Boardmans (Boardmen?) for instance.
      Buy a Ruze. Give Specialized one more chance. And fit regular 29" wheels to it, which I seem to recall was one of the selling points of 27'5+
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    do you only ever start threads to question the value of Specialized? You seem to be shocked on an annual basis. Very odd.