Belvedere Bike Hotel - cheaper alternatives?

bsharp77
bsharp77 Posts: 533
edited May 2016 in Road general
Hoping to go on holidays with the better half in September.
Im hoping to combine some cycling with all the normal holiday bits for her too.

Hotel Belvedere in Riccione looks absolutely perfect - everything you could want - bike rental, organised rides, tours to vineyards etc, a beach....perfect! However I just got a quote and its about twice as much as I could afford, so will have to look at other alternatives :shock:

Hoping some of you can point me in the direction of something really nice.
We're not fixed on location - would like a beach if possible for herself, guided rides would be better as id be a bit nervous going out by myself in an unfamiliar country.

Hope I'm not asking for too much - any recommendations considered!

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    You could look at ciclocostablanca or other Spanish places like Majorca. Club Pollensa is v.nice. There are other hotels in Riccione. BUT certainly for UK riders the Belvedere is just fantastic. Remember you wont pay anything for food and drink if you go with the bike deal. The food is stunning - my wife couldn't believe it when she first went. She loves food and it was heaven as she insisted on trying everything. Good job she was riding. Yes, it is expensive but you get what you pay for. Stuff for non-cyclists to do - utterly brilliant hotel and uber cycling
  • bsharp77
    Thanks a lot for the reply. It looks utterly fantastic, and all reviews, including your own are so positive.
    I think it might be worth saving for and doing next year rather than trying to do it on the cheap.

Ill just have to cut up my credit card and stay away from wiggle for the next 12 months.... :lol:
  • tourdriving
    tourdriving Posts: 228
    https://tourdriving.wordpress.com bike hire and travel links, in 47 countries http://ukbikerentals.com UK Bike & Motorcycle hire in Counties after ABC
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Some of the hotels eg Dori and Sarti are v. german orientated. Not a problem as they are a lot of fun but they do go about in Panzergruppen and in immaculate kit. The Belvedere just enjoys a v.high reputation.
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    If you look a bit further south in Abruzzo, around Pescara, you should be able to find something, but it may mean organising things yourself. Ryanair fly to Pescara or Ancona, and Rome is only 2.5 hours by car away, across an amazing motorway over the mountains.
    I know a bike shop that hires bikes, I think for around 20 euros a day. They may do better rates if you say you want it for a week or 10 days. You may need to take shoes pedals and helmet, as well as a pump/tube/levers etc.
    I've been travelling to this region for 10 years and love it. It has the best of Italy at much more reasonable prices. You can cycle from the sea to the top of a mountain in 4 hours (Francavilla - the Blockhaus) or you can cruise gently along the coast. In between there is a great variety of scenery so you can tailor rides to really match what you need.

If you want some contact details or routes just shout.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Hotel Poker; about 2km away from the Belvedere Bike Hotel, offering exactly the same (but cheaper).
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I stayed at Dory and it was quite mix of nationalities, certainly not solely German - one of the other hotels was though, can't remember which.

I'd recommend it

Short of actually staying in all the Riccione hotels, I'm not sure how you can decide between than on websites and brochures.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Air BnB?? https://www.airbnb.com/s/Riccione--Ital ... g=a89P6r1N
    Not all inclusive but some offer meals and possibly bike guides offered by nearby businesses.
  • bsharp77
    Thanks very much for all the replies.
    Lots of options to explore and looks like I don't have to break the bank to have a really nice holiday after all! :P

If I do pick one I'll report back in due course.

Thanks again for all the help.