Monday morning musings

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,978
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Here endeth the 12 day weekend.

Early night last night, up early today for a quick spin before work.

I'm not even sure what I left on my desk to do this morning.

Upwards very shortly the onwards to something which I'm not quite sure of yet.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    having a lazy start after yesterday's exertion

this shall be followed by a lazy rest of the day

maybe ride down to the marina, ogle the boats and have a crepe au citron at the frenchy place there
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Struggled out of bed this morning, this late night PC business and bad sleep does seem to correlate in my old age.

Some friends are over from the states to play a few rounds of golf at my local club so meeting them for dinner later then I'll worry about life tomorrow with the 8am meeting I have. That is bad planning eh
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Monday morning blues...

A stack of things to do but I have no idea what to start with... Perhaps another coffee would help make the decision.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely morning down here, unfortunately it was spoiled somewhat by coming in to work. Mondays are always that bit harder after a good weekend. Nice enough ride in though. Lots to do today and out visiting a customer tomorrow with a pub lunch thrown in. Customers keep phoning and bothering me with silly questions. Why is it when they ask for something that shouldn't be on the car they don't believe me when I tell them it's not original? If you but a used bike a couple of years old think about the quality of workmanship or lack of there may be from the previous owner. Now imagine the same thing on a car that's 50 years old. They're all fools.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Monday PM musings...nice long ride yesterday. Off today as I am using up last year's leave.
    Feeling very idle. Pub lunch? Now there's an idea....
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Had a big ride yesterday so I'm pretty sore today, I'm the only one in the office so I'm listening to Bob Dylan and considering what to buy from the greasy spoon next door...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Decided to tackle the plumbing first thing this morning, it's a job you can do laying down...under the sink :D

Had a massive hypo (only I can bonk whilst laying down before exercise :D) and couldn't work out which pipe was which and why he connectors would connect...ate sandwich...blood glucose normal...start again, flexible pipe connectors still wouldn't fit but at least I could see that in the PRC 15mm is only a guesstimate measurement and 16.2mm is near enough, binned pipes, refitted old ones, fine :D

Might avoid exercise today and move v e r y s l o w l y :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stoooopid health and safety shenanigans all day due to an audit happening on Wednesday. I don't work in an office so the 30 mins on workstation set up and typing injuries are 30 mins I will never, ever get back. Oh well.

Then lovely ride in the sun in new Lycra to pick up bambini only to find bambina had bashed bambino so badly at lunch he required teacher intervention. Bambina has now had both mine and TDV's great displeasure amply explained.

Oh the joys of parenthood - those of you who are yet to sample it: don't bother.

Apart from that, dinner, baths for bambini, book reading and then weights session.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stoooopid health and safety shenanigans all day due to an audit happening on Wednesday. I don't work in an office so the 30 mins on workstation set up and typing injuries are 30 mins I will never, ever get back. Oh well.

30 mins? I'll get the violins out - they're tiny.
    Then lovely ride in the sun in new Lycra to pick up bambini only to find bambina had bashed bambino so badly at lunch he required teacher intervention. Bambina has now had both mine and TDV's great displeasure amply explained.

Brothers and sisters... it starts early and never ends.
    Oh the joys of parenthood - those of you who are yet to sample it: don't bother.

You love it really.
    ...book reading and then weights session.

Why not read some heavy books and kill two birds with one stone.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening wage slaves and cheap holiday takers,

Today was quite good on account of the nice sunny rides into and back from work. Less good on account of annoying sales people and finnicky barsteward finance director making me rewrite half my presentation slides for the big jolly, sorry conference next month. Onwards to Absolut vodka...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...cheap holiday takers...

You would have if you had the choice. We know who wears the trousers in Casa Stevo...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Evening

Nice drive commute job into Chester, not enough miles on the bike but needed to start early doors - so 5.5 miles each way (a Sean commute) with 5 sets of traffic lights coming in via the bridge (a stevo level of geekness)

The kids were still awake when I got home so we had a decent game of football, then the wife did the bbq :)
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You would have if you had the choice. We know who wears the trousers in Casa Stevo...
    We're going to Norfolk this summer :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We're going to Norfolk this summer :wink:

You could buy a whole street in Boro for the price of a Holiday in Norfolk.
  • Stevo_666
    Still a cheap holiday...